This person is responsible for leading the solution design efforts of business applications at the Institute of International Education; These business applications include a collection of Customer Relationship Management (CRM), applicants management and web content management systems to support various higher education programs administered by IIE. This person leads a team of solution analysts and specialists to assist in requirement development and to implement creative technology solutions that align with the overall IIE business application roadmaps. This person overseas communications with external vendors and internal technology teams to debug, test and resolve design conflicts. This role calls for an individual with a forward-looking mindset with an aptitude to connect business processes and improve technology solutions. He/She should have the ability to manage effectively in an environment with multiple stakeholders and demonstrate finesse in communications to foster collaboration.
The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed above.
• Oversees the solution design efforts of business applications at the Institute of International Education
• Executes the approved business application road maps and strategies
• Ensures complete trace-ability of business requirements, system solutions, acceptance criteria, testing scenarios and sign-offs of all solution design projects
• Enables enterprise wide collaboration by creating creative solutions while adhering to industry technology standards and best practices
• Communicates solutions to external program sponsors and other stakeholders
• Ensures proper internal and external resource allocation across all solution design efforts
• Manages relationships with external vendors and handles necessary procurement activities
• Manages, develops and inspires a team of system solution analysts and specialists. Makes recommendations to leadership concerning employment, termination, performance evaluations, salary actions, and other personnel actions.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least ten years of related work experience, or combination education and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Direct experience in managing enterprise wide solution design of business applications such as Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), Applications (Slate) Systems, Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Technolutions Slate (Applicant Management), and Microsoft Azure, Power Automate and Power BI technologies are preferred.
• Extensive experience in application management, development, configuration and implementation of software solutions developed internally and through third-party vendors.
• Proven in-depth understanding of Cloud based applications, including data integration and management.
• Proven in-depth understanding of SDLC Management using Azure DevOps processes. Demonstrated ability of set-up, configure, monitor, audit and report with Azure DevOps.
• Demonstrated project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and document creation skills with attention to detail.
• Proven experience in providing responsive end-user support leading to high satisfaction levels.
• Ability to work non-standard hours including weekends and evenings as needed.
To help promote and ensure the safety of our employees and those we work with, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees that have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation. State and local guidelines apply.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This person is responsible for leading the solution design efforts of business applications at the Institute of International Education; These business applications include a collection of Customer Relationship…