Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the employee relations function within Human Resources, day-to-day administration and coordination of the work of the Human Resources Generalists as well as the development and implementation of policies, compliance with employment statutes, and the maintenance and enhancement of employee benefits.
The Manager is also responsible for leading the implementation of employee engagement strategies, programs and events to ensure initiatives are in line with the strategic priorities and with a focus on improving culture and creating a positive work environment for all employees. Some remote work may be possible, on site location is 1135 Morton Street in Boston, MA.
Harbor Health is a non-profit public health agency with a mission to help individuals achieve their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. Harbor provides medical, behavioral health, dental, and support services in our 5 community health centers. In addition, we operate two Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program.
Employee Relations Management
• Provides leadership and guidance to Human Resources Generalist team; mentors, develops, and coaches team members toward professional growth objectives.
• Counsels leaders on employee performance issues and provides guidance and direction related to performance improvement plans, corrective action, and termination decisions.
• Assists in the investigation of claims of harassment, discrimination, workplace violence and other issue and assists in effective resolution of claims.
• Responds to employee and leadership inquiries on all matters related to employment practices, policies laws and compliance.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations matters in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner.
• Provides direct HR Generalist services to a group of employees.
• Supervises the HR Generalists.
• Understands current state of Harbor Health Services’ growth and business strategy to align goals with desired business outcomes.
• Reviews current practices and policies to assess and analyze the extent to which they support or hinder objectives.
• Collects, analyzes and summarizes statistical data in the evaluation of the organization’s current programs and practices in accordance with stated standards and goals.
• Partners with leadership on initiatives and provides guidance and coaching on sponsored initiatives and talent and culture issues.
• Integrates the organization’s values throughout the organization through innovative solutions that broaden and advance the employee experience.
• Champions and scales initiatives across a diverse, remote, and multifunctional organization.
• Integrates key concepts of belonging, inclusion, and diversity into existing programs, policies, and practices.
• Provides training and policy updates to colleagues, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff.
• Collaborate with the HR team in the development of appropriate employee relations strategies to drive positive change.
• Manages full employee relations lifecycle including dealing with harassment and discrimination complaints by establishing investigation plans, conducting investigations, recommending resolutions and partnering the HR Generalists and Managers in the implementation of the resolution.
• Maintains Employee Relations metrics and reviews on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify or enhance a process.
• Evaluates and analyzes situations using relevant data gathered to make decisions, identify gaps and recommend changes.
• In a timely manner, identifies and escalates matters to the Director of HR on issues which pose a significant risk to the business.
• Stays current with applicable Human Resources-related laws, rules and regulations.
• Develops and implement employee engagement initiatives that reinforce positive organizational culture.
• Maintains ultimate responsibility for employee events including annual service awards, dinners, or other events that recognize employee service.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of Human Resources or related experience required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation (Another HR certification may be substituted)
• Significant experience in Employee Relations, Benefits Administration and Compliance.
• 3 plus years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong understanding and experience of HR practices, organization diagnostics and intervention strategies.
• Proficiency in conducting investigations to collect and analyze facts. Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and a track record of applying of pertinent labor/employment laws as well as human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency in the following: data analysis, interpersonal communication, consulting, facilitation, influencing and people leadership.
• Strong project/program management skills with a proven track record of demonstrated good judgment, innovative thought leadership, and creativity.
• Strong collaborator and influencer - ability to reach beyond immediate scope to influence and lead change initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
• Highly effective communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to enroll team, peers, and management.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Strategic mindset with a bias towards action and creative problem solving.
• A mix of intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, and pragmatism.
• Ability to identify issues and root cause; willingness to dive deep into details.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Manager of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing the employee relations function within Human Resources, day-to-day administration and coordination of the work of the…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, company paid Life Insurance with buy-up options, 403b Retirement Savings Account with discretionary match, generous PTO with additional 11 paid holidays.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision insurance, company paid Life Insurance with buy-up options, 403b Retirement Savings Account with…