Role & Responsibilities
The CVA Project Manager develops, establishes and manages Medair’s cash programming in Ukraine and Poland. This involves assessments of markets, coordinating with other actors, designing the projects, contributing to proposals, developing and documenting processes and procedures, effectively managing and reporting on the project, and capturing learning and shaping Medair’s cash strategy within the response.
Medair’s response to the crisis in Ukraine involved providing assistances to refugees in Poland and affected people in Ukraine. Current projects are in the sectors of Health, Mental Health, Shelter and Water & Sanitation.
Field based in Poland, with frequent travel to Ukraine.
Starting Date As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months.
Key Activity Areas
- Assess markets and evaluate other CVA projects to identify opportunities, challenges, and gaps in service.
- Design interventions based on identified gaps & response strategy, working with staff from different sectors.
- Manage the assigned project(s) and report promptly any operational concerns to line manager (e.g. projected failure to meet objectives; increased beneficiary needs; projected over or under spending on project budget).
- Monitor & supervise project activities, evaluating progress through outputs & impacts using both quantitative & qualitative data, and involving the project team in analysis and taking actions to ensure continued progress.
- Facilitate design & potential implementation of a pilot blockchain project, with the global advisor.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives and current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback.
- Monitor the data collection related to tracking of cash payments to beneficiaries.
- Manage the budget for the assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet the Medair standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Support the team where needed in the selection, the set-up and management of cash assistance modalities for the project, in alignment with sector standards of the concerned banking institutions.
Communication and Coordination
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to Medair, donor and timeframes and formats.
- Set clear objectives and indicators for project activities in collaboration with the staff and field managers.
- Develop appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned team, Medair in-country managers and advisors to ensure good partnership Liaise with the CVA Advisor for the support with the project design and CVA country strategy drafting.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Medair, donor, country and international standards i.e. CALP, Sphere and CHS standards.
- Ensure the inclusion of multichannel feedback measures, data protection considerations and security aspects to be implemented to avoid fraud and corruption as well as unattended effects.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
- Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be
assigned as necessary.
- University or College degree in a relevant field.
- Professional training in CVA or market-based humanitarian interventions (preferable).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years post-qualification professional experience with at least 1-year project management experience.
- Experience working in humanitarian context. Experience working with cash-based interventions.
- Self-starter, team player and capacity to manage team members remotely.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in the design, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of projects.