You will play a pivotal role in inspiring donors and prospects to support WCS’s critical mission of saving wildlife and wild places and the organizational strategic plan. Your key responsibilities will be writing, editing, and managing fundraising communications—including but not limited to, donor emails, proposals, reports, PowerPoint decks, talking points, pitch documents, and cultivation event materials—to help achieve Global Resources’ fundraising targets. You will also collaborate closely with WCS frontline fundraisers and program experts at our NYC headquarters and around the world; liaise with vendors; and partner with other fundraising, marketing, public relations, and design staff on a broad range of projects.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the Donor Communications and Marketing team in drafting, editing, and producing major donor proposals, fundraising appeals, WCS’s Annual Report and other impact reports, fact sheets, donor teleconference scripts, corporate and foundation funder pitch decks, donor news alerts, other donor updates, fundraising event invitations and other materials, giving opportunity brochures, and other print/digital communications to advance the division’s growth strategy.
- Manage a portfolio of writing projects and coordinate the communications calendar across the division.
- Prepare and deploy email invitations, donor news alerts, digital appeals, and other digital fundraising outreach using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, in close collaboration with our graphic designer and Operations team.
- Write descriptions for naming opportunities, especially for capital and special campaigns. Understand, track, and report on communications and WCS earned media acknowledgements.
- Help maintain consistency in writing style across Global Resources, adhering to and promoting the division’s writing style guidelines.
- All other duties as requested.
Qualification Requirements :
BA/BS/BBA and 2+ years of experience in a development, communications, marketing, or related role. Portfolio of strong writing samples.
- Skilled writer and verbal communicator capable of distilling scientific and conservation concepts into compelling, high-level messaging that conveys clear impact to individual supporters and general audiences
- Strong project manager and listener who meets deadlines; persistence and follow-through to project completion
- Outstanding organizational skills and proactive communication on project status and needs,
- Strategic, resourceful editor who is adept at tailoring content and style to varied audiences and across formats; detail-oriented and adheres to a high standard of quality
- Open and capable of receiving constructive feedback on his/her writing and incorporating revisions
- Excels in collaborative team and cross-functional setting to achieve a collective goal
- Strong work ethic, professional and positive attitude, sense of humor, and respect for colleagues
- Fluency in fundraising, communication, and scientific principles
- Development writing experience
- Digital savvy; understanding of and commitment to issues on sustainability and the environment a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Powerpoint and familiarity with Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled