The Assistant Manager, Individual Giving will support the team of Individual Giving Officers with all activities relating to securing gifts for annual funds, special project funding, and capital commitments from individual donors. They will assist with all stages of the individual donor funding cycle, primarily cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
1) Prospect management support
- Maintain and update donors/prospects' Tessitura record, including segmenting codes and strategy plans for both the annual funds and major gifts programs.
- Generate Tessitura reports and lists, including LYBNT, seating reports, mailing and invitation lists, prospect/donor lists, giving reports, donor recognition lists, solicitation plans, etc. Also suggest improvements to reports to help management with making decisions and determining strategies.
- Prepare and communicate campaign progress reports, Individual Giving Officer metrics, and all other individual giving program reports in collaboration with Donor Information Systems (DIS) staff.
- Serve as a resource for the Individual Giving team to provide training and answer questions related to using Tessitura, particularly the Plans area.
- Assisi in processing and recording contributions in BSO’s CRM, Tessitura.
2) Administrative support
- Assist Individual Giving Officers with portfolio management and meeting logistics (i.e., scheduling and travel) and preparing materials (i.e., giving reports, briefing documents, gift proposals and draft gift agreements) for visits, solicitations, gift closures, special events, and volunteer activities.
- Prepare Individual Giving team meeting materials, and record and distribute meeting minutes as needed.
- Act as a point of contact for a variety of internal and external constituents for the Individual Giving team and deliver appropriate and accurate follow-up.
- Assist with Society and Board renewal mailings.
- Other duties as requested or required.
Required Education and Experience
- Collaborative team player who interacts successfully and professionally with colleagues and external constituents.
- Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail, customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to independently problem-solve, think strategically and be proactive.
- Excellent verbal/written, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years professional experience required.
- Prior experience with fundraising and prospect management software. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
- Occasionally attend events and/or concerts on nights and weekends at Symphony Hall in Boston
- Hybrid work schedule and at Tanglewood in Lenox, MA
- Office environment.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.