GLIDE is a nationally recognized center for social justice, dedicated to fighting systemic injustices, creating pathways out of poverty and crisis, and transforming lives. Through its integrated comprehensive services, advocacy initiatives, and inclusive community, GLIDE empowers individuals, families, and children to achieve stability and to thrive. GLIDE is on the forefront of addressing some of society’s most pressing issues, including poverty, housing and homelessness, and racial and social justice.
GLIDE’s mission is to create a radically inclusive, just, and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
The Planned Giving Coordinator will support the Senior Manager of Planned Giving to ensure the success of GLIDE’s planned giving fundraising activities and provide stewardship and targeted outreach strategies for increased giving based on industry best practices, donor interests and needs, as well as organizational goals.
The Planned Giving Coordinator, in tandem with the Senior Manager of Planned Giving, is responsible for meeting annual goals for new bequest commitments, budget goals, marketing, and stewardship goals for GLIDE’s planned giving program. This position serves as a key member of our Fund Development team with an opportunity to learn and grow professionally focused on planned giving.
This person must work occasional, non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays) and be present at fundraising events. This is a hybrid on-site and remote position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager of Planned Giving, develops and implements strategic direction and specific strategies for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for GLIDE’s planned giving program.
- Under supervision of the Senior Manager of Planned Giving, responsible for all aspects of management of the Cecil & Jan Legacy Circle, including communication efforts, events, identification and stewardship of potential Circle leaders, stewardship of current members, and meeting and exceeding annual goals for increasing Legacy Circle membership.
- Research (in conjunction with Prospect Research Manager) and identify planned giving prospects, including developing and implementing multi-channel marketing program, including email and U.S. Mail campaigns, phone calls, and invitations to special events (both for planned giving as well as for GLIDE generally), tours, and meetings (with staff, other Circle members and leaders, and board members) to discuss interest and align interests with a planned gift for GLIDE.
- Continuously learn about tax law, planned giving trends, and estate planning strategies pertinent to charitable giving and offer training and resource support to Development team.
- Act as the first touchpoint for unassigned donors identified via legacy giving inquiries, including managing all donor services for planned giving inquiries.
- In coordination with the Events team, support the planning and implementation of at least one annual legacy circle luncheon and one other annual planned giving in-person event as well as all online planned giving events, including estate planning seminars and virtual open houses.
- Manage vendor outreach, proposal procurement, recommendations, and production of legacy giving marketing plans.
- Research and make recommendations on establishing relationships with planned giving consultants as needed.
- Serve as the primary resource for the Development Department for legacy giving data entry and reporting, as well as conduct regular data integrity checks and create and maintain procedure documentation.
- Manage receipt of all bequest gifts, including working with estate representatives, attorneys, and financial institutions to ensure GLIDE receives gifts in a timely manner and promptly acknowledge all planned gifts, including upon first notification of pledge, notification of bequest gift, and in response to each gift distribution.
- Collaborates with Marketing Team, Annual Fund Team, and others as needed to promote planned giving across all GLIDE communications.
- Manage GLIDE’s planned giving website, including updating Cecil & Jan Legacy Circle honor roll and planned giving donor profiles, including soliciting and adding new profiles on a regular basis.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of GLIDE’s programs and priorities so as to educate and inform donors and prospects about GLIDE’s work and impact.
- Manage all information relating to current planned giving donors and prospects, including donor contact information, gift details, donor interaction notes, and donor acknowledgement process, in a manner that emphasizes the highest standards of accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality. Record all interactions, including meetings, phone calls, emails, mailings with donors and prospects in Salesforce. Ensure accurate tracking and moves-management for all planned giving opportunities, including proactively improving donor data collection, reporting, and dashboards.
- Query and analyze data to measure success of marketing efforts and work plan goals.
- Ensure that all aspects of planned gift creation and administration honor the interests of the donor and align with GLIDE’s policies.
- Ensure that all aspects of the gift process meet IRS regulations and ethical planned giving standards.
- Offer to personally visit or arrange in-person appointments by GLIDE leadership, senior staff, and volunteer leadership, with all appropriate donors and prospects.
- Prepare strategy, briefings, and debriefing materials for face-to-face meetings with donors conducted by self, senior staff, or volunteer leadership.
- Maintain electronic and paper estate documentation files. Assist with tracking pending estates distributions and updating internal department on expected gifts.
- Main knowledge of fundraising best practices and industry benchmark data related to areas of focus for this position.
- Support and attend select GLIDE donor cultivation and fundraising events.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA degree and 3+ years of fund development experience in a non-profit setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Planning giving and/or legal estate planning experience
- 1+ year of marketing and market segmenting experience
- 1+ year of data analytics experience
- Experience with fundraising databases (Salesforce)
GLIDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.