POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to and working closely with the Communications Manager, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for promoting the Mamatoto Village brand while defining and executing social media strategies. You will also be responsible for engaging new constituents and followers and enhancing Mamatoto Village’s social media presence.
The ideal candidate has a clear grasp of the core components of social media marketing and strategic communication, with particularly strong experience in content creation, storytelling, graphic design, copywriting, and project management. The Social Media Manager is a creative, motivated, and highly social individual.
ATTRIBUTES OF COMPETITIVE CANDIDATES
To be maximally successful in this role, you need to be:
- Must reside in the DC Area
- A dynamic and poised professional who will represent Mamatoto Village’s work with enthusiasm and authenticity
- Someone who values diversity and is amenable to working alongside allies to promote social and reproductive justice
- A strong writer with experience creating compelling content
- A natural people person who appreciates that everyone has an important story to tell
- Highly attentive to details and quality
- A creative thinker willing to test out new ideas
- A strong self-motivator
- An ability to quickly grasp a brands voice
- An exceptional communicator and networker
- Experienced working on a community-based level and knowledgeable about Black maternal health issues
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts
- Responsible for daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Monitor, analyze, and maximize site traffic and email captures
- Create and manage monthly editorial calendars to promote Mamatoto’s initiatives
- Track social media influence measurements, to include usage statistics and performance metrics
- Cultivating new communities and managing branded online communities
- Partnering with other programs to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy
- Develop video content, PSAs, Infographics, posters, and related initiatives
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on metrics and social media program
- Recent graduate with a Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, or other relevant field OR 2-3 years of demonstrated Social Media experience
- Must be versed in maternal health and reproductive rights and justice particularly with Black communities
- Demonstrated interest and/or strong understanding of current and emerging perinatal health issues
- Proficient in iOS, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Proficient in Canva, Planoly, or other social media scheduling software
- Ability to create shareable and engaging content using IG Reels and TikTok
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of Mamatoto Village, Inc.
- Positive, creative, and energetic, with impeccable follow-through
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to balance multiple priorities, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication; skilled in writing notes and reports.
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Must reside in the DC Area