We are seeking a passionate individual with strong and proven organizational skills to join our team at Mary’s Place as a Food Service Coordinator. This position plays a key role in the administration and daily oversight of the food safety program which includes receiving and distributing over a million pounds of donated food annually. Additionally, this position oversees the data input and reporting necessary for the Food Services department.
The Food Services Coordinator actively engages in Mary’s Place racial equity work – striving for racially equitable outcomes and taking responsibility for creating, maintaining and affirming communities for people of color, immigrants and refugees, trans and gender-non-conforming people, and other populations who routinely encounter systemic oppressions.
This is a fulltime non-exempt position. The hourly rate is $21.50 - $25.00 DOE. This position reports to the Food Services Manager and does not supervise other staff.
• Lead the Food Safety program for all shelter sites by providing consistent and clear training for staff and oversight of the Food Safety program
• Make weekly visits to all shelter sites to conduct food safety inspections; coordinate with shelter staff to follow up on all compliance needs including those noted during inspections
• Maintain program schedule/calendar and all record keeping related to food program logistics
• Provide routine data analysis of the Food Safety Program statistics
• Provide oversite for all food donations from Food Partners: receiving, inspection, sorting, and redistribution
• Effectively communicate and maintain all policies, protocols and procedures as defined by Standard Operating Procedures for the Food Safety Program
• Support, promote and adhere to the vision, mission and values of Mary’s Place
• Participate in staff trainings and programs as required
• Any other tasks or duties as assigned
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 - 3 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in a fast-paced kitchen is a plus
• Working knowledge of HAACP-based food safety protocols
• Food Handler permit required
• Capacity to manage multiple projects at a time while ensuring accuracy (attention to detail) and follow through; highly organized; able to prioritize
• Proven ability to form positive relationships with staff, volunteers and guests, and to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and as a dedicated team member
• Highly motivated, resourceful, flexible, and professional; able to maintain a positive attitude, remain calm, and display a sense of humor even under pressure
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including active listening and meeting facilitation
• Competency in computer skills and some design software (or willing to learn)
• Applicants must provide proof of vaccination status and participate in weekly Covid19 testing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to converse with and listen to people in many different settings
• Ability to use a computer and telephone, as well as other standard office equipment
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
• Ability to occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry supplies up to 25 pounds
• Work takes place in a social services environment where long periods of sitting, working on a computer, walking to various work areas, going up and down stairs, and standing are required
• Travel to program sites and meetings outside sites and around the county is necessary
• Ability to work in an environment where there may be animals present, including dogs
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. Mary’s Place will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship to Mary’s Place would result.
Mary's Place offers the following benefits to full-time staff:
Mary's Place is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a passionate individual with strong and proven organizational skills to join our team at Mary’s Place as a Food Service Coordinator. This position plays a key role in the administration and daily oversight of the food safety…