The National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) is the national membership organization for the nation’s federally qualified health centers (also known as FQHCs or Community Health Centers). Health centers are nonprofit, community-directed health clinics that provide access to high-quality, culturally competent, and comprehensive care to people living in medically underserved areas. NACHC strengthens the health center movement through advocacy, training, and technical assistance, clinical and operations support. NACHC is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
About the Development and Innovation Division - NACHC’s Development and Innovation Division builds and leads the strategy to generate new resources, establish substantial partnerships, and foster innovation for the future. This “development” and “innovation” enables NACHC to offer high-quality initiatives to help support the current, emerging, and future needs of Community Health Centers and the people they serve, as well as to support and develop the “Health Center of the Future.”
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Development and Innovation, the Partnership Development and Management Specialist will work with the Development and Innovation team to support partnership development and management efforts for NACHC. This individual is a key member of the team, and their work will:
- Support a portfolio of 6-10 partnerships or projects under the supervision of the AVP,
- Support and track partnership vetting and engagement efforts across NACHC,
- Work with leadership to design, develop, and launch new funding proposals and partnerships, and
- Collaborate with others to execute the work plan for D&I, including the Center for Community Health Innovation.
An individual in this position should expect to be part of a team that works across many different health-related issue areas; engages with health care, philanthropic, and corporate sectors interested in advancing resources to create a more equitable health care system; and will have the chance to be a creator as new projects and partnerships are launched by the division.
- Manage the sub granting of dollars to partners in the field, including identifying partners, managing the execution of agreements, and tracking their progress and reporting as part of larger initiatives.
- Support vetting and tracking partners for NACHC, including processing letters of support requested by external agencies and for NACHC-led projects, researching, and identifying potential partners for NACHC, and reporting regularly on the status of these relationships to management.
- Support a portfolio of partnerships and/or programs through relationship management, execution of project deliverables, reporting to the funder/partner, and developing sustainability plans.
- Regularly assess industry and community market trends in the health care, social services, and philanthropic sectors, leading to the generation of new partnerships and funding support for NACHC.
- Support other D&I team members develop projects from the points of concept through inception, research and background development, grant writing/proposal development, and implementation.
- Support the collection of qualitative and quantitative data necessary for evaluation/reporting; manage contacts for the division; and design presentations and reports, primarily through Microsoft platforms.
- Work with colleagues to engage health centers, primary care associations, and health center-controlled networks with training and technical assistance in relation to partnership and funding development, grant writing, relationship management, and other related topics.
- Support the planning and implementation of conference education sessions, various meetings, helping to support NACHC Board committees, and other activities that promote the organization externally.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred; willing to consider commensurate work experience with an Associate’s degree. Internships (paid or unpaid) will be considered as part of this experience and should be identified separately from work experience.
- Military and/or national service through an AmeriCorps or Peace Corps program welcomed.
- Commitment to NACHC’s mission, supporting its organization-wide goals, and health equity.
- At least 2-4 years of experience and demonstrated work managing multiple projects and/or partnerships involving regular communications with internal and external parties, managing a project or partnership from inception through launch and through close-out.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to work independently, as well as part of a team. Ability to multi-task, give sharp attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Strong communications skills – written (proofreading, editing) and verbal (meeting facilitation, participation). Excellent interpersonal skills with high customer service orientation and ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams) and Adobe Additionally, knowledge is preferred on several other platforms to support the functions of the job and/or division including, but not limited to virtual meeting database management, online survey creators such as SurveyMonkey or Google Forms, email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, website content development (via WordPress), and/or and project management tools (Asana specifically).
- Creative, innovative, and inquisitive in problem solving and judgment, with an ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude. Demonstrated commitment to professional growth with an interest in learning and mastering new skills.
- The position may require some travel, in accordance with travel safety and public health
This position can be based out of Bethesda, MD (Metro accessible; parking available) or Alexandria, VA (parking available), is eligible for telework/remote work (3-4 days/week) and is expected to come into the offices for occasional meetings.