Department: Programs & Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Approximately 40 hours/week
Reports To: Terry Averyt, Director of Operations
Positions Supervised: None
The Administrative Assistant (AA) is responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the office. AA will support the Catch Up & Read (CAR) staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. AA will work directly to support the Program team, as well as the Development team and the Executive Director. AA will represent the CAR staff in the office and relate information to the appropriate parties. AA must effectively communicate via phone, written communication and email
- Organize, schedule and manage meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, emails and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a manual and computer filing system
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Handle multiple program and development projects
- Support Development & program team in inputting data, doing research, filing information
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors, prepare and monitor invoices, and ensure they are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of CAR
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Receive, sort, and distribute the mail
- Supporting Director of Operations with human resource matters, such as employee files, timesheets, and financial statements
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations, Director of Programs and Executive Director
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- College degree or minimum 2 years’ experience serving as an administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Written and verbal communication skills/ Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite (Photoshop) and Google Docs. Able to learn literacy software program.
- Team and mission oriented professional
- Flexible, adaptive, organized
- Problem solver
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Willing to learn new software and programs
- Knowledge/experience with content creation, writing or general communications
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn on the job and be a self-starter
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Lift/Carry 10lbs
- Push/Pull 12lbs