BOMA International, a vibrant trade association in downtown Washington, D.C., is seeking a full-time Manager, Association Services. The successful candidate will implement tactics to promote membership—including direct membership categories—and support local associations in a federated association. This position involves interaction with a dynamic team and across internal departments, as well as with BOMA local association staff and volunteer leadership. In addition to a workplace that prioritizes continued professional growth through professional development and tuition reimbursement, BOMA International also offers a competitive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, health and wellness programs, 401(k) and paid leave.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a membership department of a trade association or professional society or related experience. (Experience working within a federated association structure a plus.) They must have excellent communications and relationship-building skills, be detail-oriented, possess strong customer service skills and have a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Experience implementing and monitoring association membership marketing campaigns and using iMIS preferred, but not required.
· Establishing robust working relationships with BOMA local association staff and volunteer leadership to provide support in governance, marketing and membership needs, reporting, training and onboarding of key stakeholders.
· Developing and disseminating materials, guides and other collateral to assist BOMA and its federated local associations across the United States with membership recruitment and retention efforts.
· Collaborating with the Marketing, Education, and Advocacy departments to execute promotional campaigns showcasing member benefits, highlighting local associations, and recognizing member growth and achievements.
· Ensuring compliance with federation agreements and local association performance standards and assisting in the development of a comprehensive program for the targeting, formation and federation of new local associations.
· Providing support and ensuring accurate, timely responses to local associations questions and inquiries.
· Implementing processes to recruit various categories of direct membership and providing programs and services specific to these membership categories in tandem with local associations.
· Working together with a creative and energetic team to achieve annual business plan and budget goals. The successful candidate will work directly with the department's Vice President of Association Services.
To apply, please email a cover letter with salary requirements and a copy of your résumé with the subject line “Manager, Association Services” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary commensurate with experience.
About BOMA International:
Founded in 1907, the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of U.S. local associations and global affiliates. The leading trade association for commercial real estate professionals for more than 100 years, it represents the owners, managers, service providers and other property professionals of all commercial building types, including office, industrial, medical, corporate and mixed-use. BOMA International is the partner individuals in the commercial real estate industry choose to maximize value for their careers, organizations and assets. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge. Learn more at www.boma.org.
BOMA International, a vibrant trade association in downtown Washington, D.C., is seeking a full-time Manager, Association Services. The successful candidate will implement tactics to promote membership—including direct membership…