The Gift Processing Manager will supervise the development data entry clerk and will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all gift data into Tessitura and on various reports distributed. The manager will also be a critical liaison to the Development and App Support departments.
- Manage the processing of all gift transactions in Tessitura including but not limited to daily receipts, and pledge agreements and payments.
- Review and post daily batches for Corporate, Foundation, Patrons, Major Gifts, Bequests, the Met Competition, Special Events, Support the Met Broadcasts, and other programs.
- Distribute daily updates to various constituents including Development regarding daily receipts and year-to-date results.
- Work closely with Development to ensure that Tessitura is structured to capture and report data in a manner that corresponds to Development’s internal and external reporting needs.
- Work closely with Finance staff to ensure that all Tessitura coding corresponds correctly to the proper general ledger accounts.
- Track pledges receivable and summarize and report monthly reconciling the data to the general ledger.
- Assist in the track of temporarily restricted contributions and their releases working closing with the Accounting team.
- Manage the matching gifts process.
- Manage postings, confirm gifts through company websites, and follow up and report on gifts.
- Provide various reports on Development data as requested.
- Work closely with auditors as needed to provide reports and supporting data.
- Manage the stock gift recording process including communicating with Development and the broker to ensure that the donor is identified and timely acknowledged. Communicate information clearly and timely to other Finance team members
- Provide reports as needed for external reporting.
- Coordinate with Revenue Processing to determine posting issues and discrepancies and resolve them.
- Prepare and generate all monthly pledge billing.
- Prepare tax receipts, both manually and system generated, for all gifts and payments.
- Perform other tasks related to financial posting, database issue and resolution, donor inquiries, as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and Word software and experience with various types of computer databases.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with Tessitura preferred.
- Experience in fundraising is preferred but not required.
- Experience with financial/bookkeeping experience is preferred but not required.
- The Metropolitan Opera is a performance venue that requires employees working in the building to be fully vaccinated. Due to the nature of this role, you must be fully vaccinated and receive a COVID-19 booster shot, if you are eligible, at the time your employment is scheduled to start.
- Must have good organizational skills with the capacity to handle different tasks at the same time.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.