Interested in inspiring volunteers to support students with proven literacy tutoring? Join Reading Partners as an AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator!
The AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners within the community, recruiting and onboarding volunteer tutors in order to serve students. AmeriCorps members serve full-time from August/September, 2023 through June/July, 2024 and must commit to a service term of 1,700+ hours.
What you’ll do:
Co-lead efforts to recruit, onboard, and train volunteer tutors to deliver Reading Partners’ tutoring programs.
- Train volunteers and orient them to Reading Partners’ curriculum
- Manage volunteer data and track volunteers through the process of becoming active tutors
- Support volunteer calls and emails to ensure a timely and positive onboarding experience
- Forge and maintain positive relationships to create a welcoming environment for volunteers
Manage a portfolio of community partners to bolster tutor recruitment efforts.
- Research and cultivate new partners and maximize existing partnerships
- Execute community engagement initiatives in the region
- Provide marketing and brand awareness support
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Root your service in our vision & values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing
- Bonus Points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs
What we offer:
- Reading Partners is committed to your growth and development. We offer a supportive culture, on-going professional development opportunities, and coaching designed to catapult you into your next career
- 11-month living allowance of $25,800.06 and an education award of $6,895 after successfully completing your service term
- $500 mid-year bonus and a $3,000 end-of-year bonus (note: the EOY bonus will only be paid out to members who complete their full service term. If a member needs to exit the program for a compelling personal circumstance, the bonus would be prorated based on the number of hours served)
- Public transportation reimbursement at $127/month for 10-months
- CPR Certification
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage at no monthly cost to you
- Opportunities for networking with thousands of service-minded individuals
- Childcare assistance available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify
- You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal loans
Reading Partners is a national literacy nonprofit that engages community volunteers and AmeriCorps service members to support elementary-aged students on their path toward reading proficiency. Reading Partners is also committed to building a culturally competent and representative team to advance social justice through our service in schools and communities. Learn more about Reading Partners at readingpartners.org. Learn more about serving a year with AmeriCorps at https://www.americorps.gov/about.
- AmeriCorps members must live within commuting distance and have access to reliable transportation on a daily basis
- AmeriCorps members will be required to serve full-time and on location. This is not a tele-service position except when mandated by local and/or organizational COVID-19 protocols
- Due to the changing nature of serving in public education, AmeriCorps members may be asked to transition to another Reading Partners AmeriCorps position in the same region
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Vaccination Policy: AmeriCorps members will adhere to Reading Partners mask and vaccination policies, as well as to those of school-districts, which may vary depending on the region you are applying to serve with.
Join Reading Partners and leave a legacy that will last long beyond an unforgettable and life-changing AmeriCorps service term!
Applications considered on a rolling basis. Please email AmeriCorps@readingpartners.org with questions or if you’d like to connect with a team members