Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is a non-profit organization that assists immigrants, refugees and low-income people in Chicago and its suburbs. Founded in 1982 by ethnic Chinese refugees from Vietnam, the organization today has expanded to a staff of over two hundred employees who speak over twenty languages. CMAA services include after-school youth programming, job training and placement for adults, and elderly care for seniors. We’re seeking candidates who are passionate about supporting the nonprofit mission of helping the low-income immigrant & refugee community.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The IT Coordinator will conduct and maintain the organization’s IT and computer systems, ensuring that they run smoothly, and handle day-to-day staff IT requests.
- Regularly handle IT staff requests for email, hardware and software issues
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with computer systems
- Manage and fine-tune system performance for server and client workstations
- Ensure proper functioning of network infrastructure, perform routine audits of systems and software, and maintain records of software licenses
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing computing environment
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, networks, printers and scanners
- Add, remove or update user account information, and reset user passwords
- Document and inventory the configuration of computer systems
- Research, recommend, and purchase technology equipment and accessories as needed
- Work with department managers to reengineer their intake processes for Apricot/Salesforce Database
- Train new and current staff members, including managers and directors, in using Apricot/Salesforce Database
- Develop Tiger Tutor, Asian Eats Chicago, and CMAA main websites
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Small Business Server
- Ability to multitask by prioritizing work responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Skilled at explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Prior experience in IT support is preferred
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.) preferred
- Experience with Apricot by Social Solutions and Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Wix and WordPress preferred
Chinese Mutual Aid Association (CMAA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.