Amirah provides the following benefits for this position:
- Every three months a full week of vacation taken within that three-month period (four weeks total given each year). Amirah operates on a work-rest rhythm for all staff members.
- Every quarter, one personal spiritual retreat day is given. This is one day given to take as seen fit to connect with God, to rest, and to restore for this work.
- Eligible for health insurance package.
- Accumulated sick time is given up to forty (40) hours a year.
- Paid holidays on New Year’s Day, MLK, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
At this time, we are asking that all staff are vaccinated, unless there is a proven medical reason. We are also following masking guidelines for each county and city that we operate in. These two things are non-negotiable.
This position is asked to work on location 1-2 days a week with 3-4 days a week of remote work allowed after training period is completed.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Amirah exists to provide aftercare, resources, and opportunities to women who have survived different forms of sexual exploitation, sex trafficking, and prostitution. The Development & Partnerships Team works collaboratively to ensure the sustainability of Amirah’s mission. The Annual Giving & Communications Manager is a key member of this team.
Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer and in collaboration with the Development & Partnerships Team, the Annual Giving & Communications Manager will successfully plan, execute, and evaluate a comprehensive annual giving program and maintain primary engagement with donors up to $1,000. Major duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- direct mail solicitations, donor communications, online communications, events, and completion of administrative tasks incidental to the position.
This will include implementing strategic stewardship activities that support annual giving including direct mail solicitations, online giving, and support for Amirah events and fundraising efforts. In addition, this position will collaboratively plan, create, and deliver all mass communications on behalf of Amirah via social media, email, web, and print. This role maintains the donor database, ensuring proper donor record keeping and reporting.
You should apply if…
- You believe in the dignity of all human lives, no matter the color of your skin, your faith, your gender, your sexuality, or anything else. Dignity is deserved because all human beings exist in the image of God.
- You are a skilled empathetic people manager who enjoys building strong and balanced teams to achieve collective goals, and fostering a collaborative growth culture
- You’re excited about the challenge of building deeply intentional processes towards a more diverse, equitable and racially just community
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to
advance our mission and progress the work of healing in community, breaking the
cycle of exploitation, and providing new communities where survivors can thrive
We believe that each Amirah community member, donor, volunteer, advocate,
and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the
center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
- Implement Amirah’s annual giving program, engaging donors of <$1,000 according to interest through digital fundraising, direct mail, social media, and creative philanthropy.
- Manage Amirah’s “moves management” system that provides fundraising staff with qualified prospective donors, and informs and tracks donor cultivation and solicitation activities, with metrics to support and demonstrate effectiveness in meeting program goals.
- Maintain Amirah’s donor database according to best practices.
- Track stewardship for Amirah’s donor pool, including producing accurate and timely acknowledgement letters and tax receipts.
- Promote recurring giving, particularly monthly giving, and steward the Hope Partners program.
- Respond to correspondence, phone calls and emails; interact with donors; and provide excellent customer service to all supporters of Amirah.
- Work with the Development Team to execute various types of events to support Amirah's fundraising and organizational goals.
- Execute Amirah’s mass email communications efforts with collaborative planning from members of the Development & Partnerships Team.
- Manage Amirah’s social media presence and engage on social media platforms according to best practices in the industry and identified team goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Development & Partnerships Team to produce collateral and communications materials.
- Work with outside vendors as needed to create communications materials.
- Manage the Amirah website as directed.
- Follower of Christ, committed to His church and message of the transformative love of Jesus that was displayed on the cross.
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years similar type of experience or relevant fundraising work; OR any combination of relevant education, training and experience that indicate successful performance of the essential functions of the position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong track record of data management, ability to work with several different software systems, and be able to grow and adapt to technological changes.
- Lived-experience welcome.
- Knowledge of human trafficking, sexual exploitation, and experience working in this field preferred.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and high level of service.
- Passionate about Amirah’s ministry and work; able to communicate and promote the philosophy, mission, and value of the organization both internally and externally.
- Possessing a warm and nurturing spirit.
- Humble in their approach to relationships and teachable.
- Creative problem solver who can handle conflict in a mature, intentional, thoughtful way while actively pursuing reconciliation.
- Works well in a multi-faceted, creatively chaotic environment, helping to bring order and structure in positive uplifting way.
- Work well as a self-starter, but also collaborate as a vital part of the team atmosphere of Amirah.