The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, organized individual to join its Commercial and Industrial (C&I) team as a Program Manager. CEE is a nonprofit consortium of efficiency program administrators, primarily large investor-owned utilities from across the US and Canada, that work together on common approaches to advancing efficiency. Energy efficiency is consistently regarded as the most cost-effective means of securing additional energy resources. It also directly offsets the need to generate additional energy and is one of the most direct means of greenhouse gas mitigation available. By working together at CEE, program administrators leverage the effect of their funding dollars and exchange information on effective practices to achieve greater energy efficiency for the public good.
The Program Manager position will focus on commercial food service equipment including supporting longstanding market strategies for commercial kitchen equipment and supporting development of new strategies for commercial food service refrigeration technologies. This work requires leading the review and development of consensus member comments in response to draft US EPA ENERGY STAR® equipment specifications and facilitating engagement between CEE member organizations and federal partners to actively inform, shape, and strengthen the relevance of the ENERGY STAR program for energy efficiency program administrators. While this position will primarily support commercial kitchens and refrigeration strategies, depending on skill set and interest there is opportunity within this position to support additional consortium work within the C&I sector to define and advance other energy efficiency program areas. The position is part of a six-person team and will report to the C&I Sector Lead. Successful candidates will join CEE at a critical time for energy efficiency programs in the US and Canada. Priorities and goals are shifting to emphasize decarbonization and equity in addition to energy and demand savings, while technology advancements support opportunities to align energy use with clean and affordable generation and energy delivery.
• Support program initiatives for advancing the market of connected and efficient equipment, including a defined suite of commercial kitchen equipment and frequent engagement with EPA ENERGY STAR.
• Conduct primary and secondary research on topics such as savings potential for commercial food service refrigeration technologies, effective program design delivery approaches, opportunities associated with connected capabilities, unique partnerships across industry stakeholders, and market barriers to product adoption.
• Draft reports, studies, memoranda, position papers and other professional written products in support of organization and member needs.
• Facilitate member meetings via teleconference, in-person, and online through CEE’s extranet website.
• Assemble consensus positions to develop recommended strategies for driving the uptake of high performing equipment that deliver energy efficiency, load management, and behavioral change impacts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A master’s degree and experience in a relevant field (or undergraduate degree and equivalent experience), such as economics, business, engineering, environmental studies, building science, public policy, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities.
• Experience with commercial energy-using technologies. Familiarity with commercial food service and refrigeration equipment is preferred but not required.
• Familiarity with or interest in Strategic Energy Management is a plus.
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities and evolve project deliverables and priorities develop.
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including aptitude to facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences.
• Strong people skills, service orientation, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and Excel); experience with HTML is a plus.
• Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Work is done primarily on computers, looking at screens for 6+ hours of the workday. Due to Covid-19, work is currently done remotely. Employees are expected to commute to in-person events at the office or in the region as needed, including meetings, events, and in-person training. In-person meetings involve domestic travel and multiple days of moving between meetings at hotels and conference centers.
The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton, MA. This facility is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
• Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
• Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
Please send application materials via e-mail to Sue Laferriere at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the location you found this posting and including the job title and your name in the subject line. Example: “Jane Smith—Program Manager, Commercial and Industrial”
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is seeking a motivated, organized individual to join its Commercial and Industrial (C&I) team as a Program Manager. CEE is a nonprofit consortium of efficiency program administrators…