The Coordinator will support the execution of activities for Data2X, a technical and advocacy platform dedicated to improving the quality, availability, and use of gender data to make a practical difference in the lives of women and girls worldwide. Data2X works with UN agencies, governments, civil society, academics, and the private sector to close gender data gaps, promote expanded and unbiased gender data collection, and use gender data to improve policies, strategies, and decision-making.
The Coordinator is a full time, non-exempt position that will play an important and flexible role in coordinating overall support for the work of the Data2X team including (a) providing administrative support for the Executive Director and other team members (b) coordinating operations functions of the Data2X team, including partnership support and special events (c) completing writing and research projects on behalf of the team, and (d) special duties as assigned.
This position is based in Washington, DC. (Hybrid Schedule)
Administrative Support to the Executive Director and Senior Leadership
- Provide direct support to the Executive Director, handling calendar appointments and scheduling, including domestic and international travel, meetings, and events; tracking actionable requests and maintaining an executive agenda; preparing regular briefing materials; and assisting with tracking contacts and ensuring appropriate follow-up
- Coordinate all travel arrangements, including flights, hotels, and ground transportation, as well as visas, pre-travel requirements, and expense reports
- Support functions of the Data2X Advisory Board, including coordinating Board meeting scheduling, logistics, and briefing materials
Team & Operations Support
- Coordinate and oversee meeting logistics for the Data2X team, including scheduling staff, conference rooms, and video/teleconferences; note-taking; and overseeing catering.
- Maintain and track a master list of contacts across workstreams
- Assist the Data2X team in vetting and replying to invitations, speaking requests, and participation in program-related activities
- Assist in logistics management for special events, including booking venues, coordinating invitation lists, producing event concept notes and speaker briefings, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain team document management tools, including Microsoft Teams channels, Monday.com boards and shared drives
Writing, Research & Communications Projects
- Draft, finalize, and distribute internal and external correspondence, including talking points for the Executive Director, briefing memos for senior staff, PowerPoint presentations, one-pagers, monthly donor reports, and other external materials
- Prepare briefing materials for events and meetings, such as briefing books and agendas, for supervisor and senior staff
- Undertake special projects as assigned, including research and analysis of workstreams, funding, and other topics as requested; authoring blog posts and other written materials; and supporting the coordination of future Data2X-led coalitions (including scheduling, drafting invitations, and supporting follow-up)
- Assist Communications Manager in maintaining digital properties, including tracking analytics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year of relevant work experience preferred
- Ability to take initiative
- Self-starter who is comfortable carrying out multiple projects and assignments, is dependable and consistent, enjoys being part of a team, and anticipates team needs
- Scrupulous attention to detail and demonstrated excellence working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience supporting executive or senior-level leadership preferred
- Previous experience with event logistics preferred
- Advanced experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred
- Knowledge or work experience in gender, development, or data-related fields preferred
- Writing skill assessment is part of the interview process
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.