The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is seeking a Manager of Development Operations to support the Museum’s fundraising efforts through data management and reporting as well as creating and implementing streamlined operational processes. Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Manager, Institutional Advancement Data & Operations ensures database integrity and collaborates with the Vice President and department heads to compile, interpret, and disseminate data and to develop, implement, and improve departmental protocols and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
● Ensure and maintain agreed upon standards of data integrity within Tessitura database.
● Aid in the improvement and documentation of Tessitura workflows including gift processing, moves management, regular and ad-hoc list generation, constituent data storage, and reporting.
● Working with IA directors, create dashboards and run reports across multiple data sources, including but not limited to revenue raised, trustee engagement, membership upgrade and renewal rates, appeal response, and others.
● Work closely with the Finance department to ensure parity between IA and Finance systems of record, reconcile monthly revenue generated by fundraising team, and compile fiscal year-end revenue reports including those needed for the Museum’s tax filing.
● Serve as liaison between the IT department and IA team on all database updates and issues that may arise.
● Coordinate with Visitor Services, Group Sales, and Education departments to ensure proper setup of member and donor access to tickets and discounts.
● Collaborate with other stakeholders on integration of databases and other applications including email marketing, event management, and online donation platforms.
● Implement regular data health checks and clean-up projects within donor database, performing tasks or assigning to staff as appropriate. Manage a proactive schedule of projects to ensure accurate, complete data within the database. Manage email/address appends, NCOA screenings, etc.
● Manage and perform data imports into the donor database as needed, both proactively and in response to fundraisers’ requests.
● Provide database support and training to fundraising staff.
● Accountable for keeping up to date on database procedures and attending all required training sessions.
● Work with IA team to streamline, automate, and document existing protocols and procedures to best ensure smooth processes and better inform other departments of operating procedures.
● Assist IA staff in organizing and managing projects in Asana
● Assist with tracking, analyzing, and planning annual department budgets. Process all departmental purchases in NetSuite.
● As requested, staff department events and provide support for other Museum activities.
● Maintain physical and digital department files.
● Perform other duties as requested by management.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience and 3+ years’ Experience with donor information system required, Tessitura experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced proficiency in MS Excel and experience working with SQL and HTML a plus. General understanding of nonprofit fundraising practices and of accounting practices preferred. Ability to liaise with a variety of technical and operational personnel. Results and service-oriented attitude with special attention to responding timely with accuracy and precision. Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment. Strong analytical and data modeling skills, an inquisitive nature and a track record of creative problem solving with excellent project management skills.
Intrepid realizes that it is rare an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. If much of this job description describes you, then we encouraged you to apply.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is seeking a Manager of Development Operations to support the Museum’s fundraising efforts through data management and reporting as well as creating and implementing streamlined operational…