In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the Bishop of Sacramento, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and implementing the strategic plan of Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano, Inc. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for the day to day management
of the organization including the recruitment and hiring of staff and proper stewardship of the organization’s assets and resources. The Executive Director will ensure that staff and volunteers carry out the organization’s mission with a commitment to the values and principals of Catholic social teaching.
- Ensures that the mission and vision of Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano Inc (CCYS) are carried out effectively, efficiently, consistently and collaboratively.
- Promotes Catholic Social Teaching and deepens commitment to Catholic Identity within the organization. Advances CCYS identity and brand in the public arena.
- Articulates mission and vision and serves as a spokesperson for the agency.
- Develops and engages in strategic partnerships with a cross section of key stakeholders.
- Uses skills to generate growth and scale successful programs.
- Invests organizational assets and other resources to achieve long-term sustainability. Develops a succession plan.
- Provides leadership and effective supervision to senior management team.
- Establishes transparency within organization to build trust with staff, volunteers and donors.
- Implements a performance based evaluation system for employees.
- Creates mechanism for formal and informal communication to achieve a team-oriented work environment.
- Develops and implements a balanced annual budget in concert with the Board’s Finance Committee.
- Establishes mechanisms for monitoring the budget’s performance.
- Works closely with Board members and staff assigned to grant writing and overall fundraising to identify, cultivate and solicit potential major donors and funding sources from both public and private sectors in support of the programs of Catholic Charities.
- Adheres to non-profit reporting and auditing requirements to ensure total compliance.
Program Management & Development
- Develops, presents, implements and reviews programs, policies and procedures to fulfill the mission and vision of CCYS.
- Establishes strategic alignments between mission and programs.
- Monitors the compliance of programs with guidelines and non-negotiable expectations from funders.
- Creates best practice standards that contribute to effective delivery of services.
- Provides leadership to establish strategic collaboration with other providers.
- Identifies prospective board members from Solano and Yolo County to serve on the CCYS Board. Provides on-board orientation and assistance with their transition and committee responsibilities.
- Facilitates the Board’s involvement in financial oversight and fundraising and with strategic and mission-oriented planning.
- Assists Board leadership with all governance matters to ensure compliance with 501(C)3 status.
- Works with the Board, as a member of the Executive Committee, and as liaison to the Diocese.
- Represents CCYS on the Board of Directors of Catholic Charities of California.
Communication, Public Relations, and Engagement
· Represents Catholic Charities to numerous community stakeholders, associations and agencies as well as to the media. Provides continuous exposure to CCYS’s work through various media outlets.
· Builds a strong community presence with high visibility for the agency. Interfaces
with the political leadership within Solano County and the corporate sector of the community.
· Maintains a vibrant website and social media presence, through facebook, twitter, etc.
· Identifies a variety of volunteer engagement opportunities.
Parish Outreach and Partnership
- Develops a strategy to engage the parishes in Solano and Yolo County in the work of CCYS. Explores parish partnership projects and opportunities to facilitate relationship building to increase the engagement of parishioners in the mission of CCYS
- Conducts annual visits to meet with all ten pastors in the Counties to establish ongoing working relationships.
- Establishes a strategic alliance with Saint Vincent de Paul Conferences to coordinate service delivery and collaboration that will be of mutual benefit.
- Strengthens relations with key Catholic organizations in the Diocese present and active in Solano and Yolo County to develop stronger ties and enable these groups to provide ongoing support and opportunities for faith formation and development.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: Five years of proven leadership in the
non-profit sector and/or working in a diverse and complex service organization
required; experience in administering social service programs, developing
community partnerships, community engagement, and social justice related
advocacy; experience in fundraising through donor cultivation strategies and
Skills / Knowledge: Committed, practicing Catholic with working
knowledge of the organization and structure of the global, national, diocesan,
and local Catholic Church; knowledge of the social teaching of the Catholic Church;
ability to work with community leaders; collaborative style of leadership.