The Human Resources division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Manager, Compensation and Benefits. This is a 1-year exempt, renewable position based in Washington, DC. The Manager, Compensation and Benefits administers IFPRI’s salary and benefits programs, ensuring that employees are paid fairly, timely and accurately, and that benefit programs are managed effectively and in compliance with regulations and standards. The incumbent communicates with employees to ensure understanding, resolve problems, and will work closely with the payroll team. The incumbent manages an HR/Benefits and Global Mobility Coordinator and HRIS/Compensation Coordinator.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
· Ensure that employee records and payroll entries are accurate and kept up to date, that reports are prepared in a timely manner, and that sensitive employee data is adequately protected.
· Ensure that employee salaries and deductions are properly shared with IFPRI payroll.
· Manage annual merit exercise for US Payroll and IFPRI stand-alone country offices.
· Together with the Head of HR and the compensation consultant, review US and overseas salaries against survey data to determine the Institute’s competitive position.
· Explain IFPRI tax treatment for US citizen, Permanent Resident, and G4 employees. Work with IFPRI’s tax provider to obtain tax calculation worksheets and organize annual tax information sessions for staff.
· Train, guide, and oversee the work of the HRIS/Compensation Coordinator, ensuring that HRIS/payroll entries are made accurately and timely and that salary survey data submissions are accurate and timely.
· Prepare compensation change letters for employees.
· Administer the benefits program for US staff; oversee enrollments, changes, etc. and assist employees as needed with changes to their benefit records or selections.
· Conduct U.S. new employee orientation to explain the IFPRI benefits program to new hires.
· Work with the HR Liaisons in IFPRI’s overseas offices to understand benefits for their locations.
· Oversee the processing of IRRI invoices for benefits for staff in South Asia.
· Respond to staff questions regarding such matters as benefits, paid and unpaid leave, part-time status, and telecommuting and prepare any needed documentation for these matters.
· Effectively handle FMLA requests, ADA accommodation requests, and workers’ compensation claims.
· Update the annual U.S. Benefits Summary and the benefits page of the Intranet, as necessary.
· Together with the Head of HR and Director of Finance, monitor benefit costs and work with brokers and carriers to ensure effective coverage.
· Regularly communicate IFPRI’s benefits programs to staff and encourage staff wellness initiatives.
· Train, guide, and oversee the work of the HR/Benefits and Global Mobility Coordinator, ensuring the following: employees are promptly enrolled/updated in and terminated from benefit programs, insurance billing and claims payments are processed and reconciled monthly, employment verifications are made in a timely manner, HR file management is proper and compliant, and expenses are submitted in a timely manner.
· Assure the timely and efficient relocation of employees and their families from one location to another in connection with new hires, transfers, and departures and to ensure positive expatriate/inpatriate experiences.
· Oversee the administration including the reconciliation of expatriate and inpatriate allowances.
· Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years relevant experience in benefits and compensation management, preferably in an international non-profit organization or a Master’s degree plus 7 years of relevant experience.
· At least two years of management experience.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and to provide information and assist employees with questions and issues.
· Demonstrated ability to train, support and supervision team members. in a motivating manner.
· Demonstrated positive approach to the delivery of human resource services.
· Ability to work as an active, collaborative, and participatory member of a human resources team.
· Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, to show attention to detail, and to follow through.
· Ability to work independently and multi-task under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work.
· Strong communication and analytical skills.
· Appropriate certifications in compensation, benefits, and/or human resources.
Required Computer Knowledge
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and data entry.
· Experience with HRIS (Costpoint, Deltek and/or Cognos strongly preferred).
Work Environment & Physical Demands
· Employee may sit at a computer screen for long periods.
· Employee may lift up to 10 pounds in the course of normal duties.
· Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform such activities as reading data, performing calculations, and preparing written documents.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The Human Resources division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Manager, Compensation and Benefits. This is a 1-year exempt, renewable position based in…
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, cover letter accompanying the application should describe the candidate’s interest and any experience in these research topics, and 3 references. For more information about IFPRI, please visit our websites at www.ifpri.org.
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, cover letter accompanying the application should describe the candidate’s interest and any experience in…