The Operations Coordinator is a key member of Union Settlement’s Operations Department and is involved in a wide variety of administrative and operational activities, including facilities, information technology, insurance, transportation, community outreach and workplace health and safety issues. The Operations Coordinator assists the Chief Operating Officer in supporting and enhancing the many vital programs and services that Union Settlement provides to the East Harlem community, and also helps ensure that Union Settlement remains in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements relating to agency operations.
· Assists with the management of daily agency operational activities.
· Works closely with the Facilities, Information Technology and Outreach Departments, as well as agency Program Directors, to ensure proper functioning of agency operations.
· Conducts walk-throughs of sites to ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements, including but not limited to compliance with regulatory requirements and COVID-19 and other safety-related policies and practices.
· Participates in site visits with Fire Department, Health Department and other government agencies.
· Handles purchasing and invoice processing for the Operations Department, and also assists with agency purchasing of furniture, supplies and equipment, as well as copier leases.
· Handles vehicle registrations and vehicle ticket processing.
· Ensures that Union Settlement maintains all appropriate insurance coverage.
· Assists with the onboarding of new Operations Department employees.
· Assists with coordination of Facilities, Information Technology and Outreach. Department projects, including tracking assignments, progress, and project completion timetables.
· Serves as primary liaison with various vendors and independent contractors, and maintains Operations Department vendor management systems, including managing insurance documents for vendors that undertake work at agency facilities.
· Participates in project management activities to develop new facilities, programs, and protocols in a dynamic, organized, collaborative environment.
· Assists with the planning and organizing of events and staff trainings.
· Prepares and maintains Operations Department documents and reports.
· Manages system for disseminating all building keys and performs key audits to maintain agency safety.
· Reconciles and maintains all accounting information for all Operations Department credit card charges monthly.
· Serves as agency account administrator for various web-based vendors (Zoom, HIPPO, ADT, etc.)
· Creates and manages project lists.
· Serves as a key point of contact and gatekeeper for Operations Department.
· Undertakes other duties as assigned.
The ideal Operations Coordinator will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operational or administrative role, ideally involving organizational operations, facilities oversight, and/or project management, with nonprofit organization experience preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, analytical, administrative and budgeting skills.
· Demonstrated computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
· Ability to undertake and balance multiple tasks at the same time.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Self-directed and able to take initiative.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, and handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
· A commitment to social service and social justice.
· A dedicated work ethic.
· Unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
· 35-hour on-site work week.
· Travel to multiple sites within East Harlem required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
· Occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects, such as tables, chairs and boxes.
UNION SETTLEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The Operations Coordinator is a key member of Union Settlement’s Operations Department and is involved in a wide variety of administrative and operational activities, including facilities, information technology…