About the Development Coordinator position:
The JCRC of Greater Boston is seeking a Development Coordinator to work with donors, board members, and staff to further the fundraising and engagement goals of the organization. You will ensure commitments made by donors are tracked correctly, research potential new donors and foundations, and coordinate donor engagement events.
Development Coordinator responsibilities are:
- In consultation with the Director of Development, identify and research new grant opportunities and conduct prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Assist in preparing necessary materials for foundation approach, including letters of inquiry and formal foundation proposals and grants. Coordinate with finance and program staff to prepare budgets for grant submissions, quarterly/close-out reports, and board documents.
- Track, manage, and meet foundation deadlines, assure compliance with foundation requirements.
- Build relationships with JCRC program staff to understand their work, engage them in development efforts, and strategize with them about funding opportunities and ways to promote their programs’ achievements.
- Assist with directly soliciting and closing gifts from prospects and current donors for annual grassroots fundraising campaigns.
- Support Director of Development in creating individual solicitation and stewardship plans for major donors.
- Assist in creating, planning, implementing, and staffing of events and/or special projects in support of fundraising priorities, most importantly relating to sponsorship cultivation and solicitation and pre-/post-event follow up.
- Work closely with Director of Development to implement Governance committee meetings, and to ensure the committee’s annual work plan is executed timely.
- Track Governance Committee recommendations for potential board members.
- Track commitments made by funders (donors, organizations, or institutions) in appropriate systems of record to ensure accurate reporting
Development Coordinator requirements are:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of two to three years of experience in development, advancement, or fundraising field
- Highly organized / superior attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint; some use of Excel required.
- Working knowledge of CRM software, especially Salesforce, preferred