Major responsibility is to assist in the delivery of quality and developmentally appropriate social recreation department programs, activities, services, and special events.
BGCB is offering a $500 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivery of social recreation department program, activities, and events as directed.
- Assist in the supervision and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Assist in the completion of BGCB''s program activity standards as assigned.
- Assist volunteers and consultants who can offer related support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality as appropriate.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Social Recreation Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- High school degree or GED required.
- Direct experience providing recreation programs for youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver's license required.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **