The Council for Economic Education’s (CEE’s) mission is to equip K-12 students with the tools and knowledge of personal finance and economics so that they can make better decisions for themselves, their families, and their communities.
We carry out our mission by providing resources and training to K-12 educators and have done so for over 70 years. Nearly two-thirds of the tens of thousands of teachers we reach virtually and in-person are in low to moderate-income schools. All resources and programs are developed by educators and delivered by our nearly 200 affiliates across the country in every state. EconEdLink, our free online site for economic and personal finance lessons and resources for educators, attracts more than 800,000 unique visitors per year. Our student-facing programs, Invest in Girls, the National Personal Finance Challenge, and the National Economics Challenge together reached over 30,000 high school students in 2019 before going virtual in 2020 with great programs but fewer students. We also advocate for more and better education in personal finance and economics, primarily through CEE’s biennial Survey of the States.
The Program Manager, Professional Development position is a vital role that supports various professional development opportunities to K-12 teachers nationwide. The Program Manager will oversee the logistics of various professional development offerings, both online and, eventually in-person, as well as support other New York-based programs, such as student competitions, work with specific school districts, events for families, and other NY-area activities. The position helps strengthen various relationships with master educators, affiliates, and partners in-and-out of the CEE network. The Program Manager reports to and works closely with the Director, Professional Development.
· Collaborate closely with master educators and facilitators on instructional materials, lessons plans, and content in a range of subjects.
· Manage CEE's webinars platforms, creating professional development sessions on the Zoom, GoTowebinar platform, WordPress, and ConstantContact platforms.
· Oversee logistics for sourcing vendors, ordering department supplies, managing contracts, compiling hard materials, and overseeing arrangements as needed for events and professional development sessions.
· Collect data and provide both quantitative and qualitative reports to measure program impact and is a thought partner in making informed programmatic decisions.
· Support the Director of Professional Development in various initiatives such as the annual National Economics Challenge, The National Economics Challenge, Family Financial Fun Nights, and professional development.
· Support with webinar moderating and teacher training.
· Serve as a CEE ambassador and liaison with network affiliates, teachers, Master teachers, and other stakeholders.
· Experience in marketing and advertisement a plus.
· Other tasks as assigned.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
· 3-5 years of relevant K-12 professional experience, background in economic and financial education a plus
· BA/BS degree
· Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to carry out activities independently but also collaborate
· Team player with strong communications skills, able to engage with others on CEE team and with outside partners, presenters, etc.
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
· All CEE employees are currently working remotely; NY-based employees will be asked to return to work in the NY office with some flexibility as to the number of days in the office/at home when we determine it is safe to do so. If not based in New York City, ability to operate independently and successfully in a virtual office.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with background and experience. The Council for Economic Education offers an excellent benefits package, including medical insurance, HSA and FSA, life/disability insurance, 401K plan with match, and generous vacation.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council for Economic Education is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The Council for Economic Education’s (CEE’s) mission is to equip K-12 students with the tools and knowledge of personal finance and economics so that they can make better decisions for themselves, their families, and their…
The Council for Economic Education offers an excellent benefits package, including medical insurance, HSA and FSA, life/disability insurance, 401K plan with match, and generous vacation.
The Council for Economic Education offers an excellent benefits package, including medical insurance, HSA and FSA, life/disability insurance, 401K plan with match, and generous…
Please include your resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.