Program Director for After-School Program
The Noel Pointer Foundation After-School Program is looking for a dynamic leader for its SONYC program. This is a part-time job that follows the DOE’s school year calendar. The candidate would work in Harlem at a DOE facility, Monday-Friday from 1:00 pm-6:00 pm with Middle School students, ranging in grades from 6-8.
- Supervises: Program Staff and Middle School Students in Grades 6-8
- Hours: Part-Time, Monday – Friday, 1pm – 6:00pm
- Location: Teachers College Community School – 168 Morningside Avenue, Harlem, NY
- Hourly Rate: $25 - $30
- Supervise daily operations of an After-School program.
- Manage program activities and projects.
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding Group Leaders and Activity Specialists.
- Develop, train, and supervise program staff.
- Facilitate program marketing and student outreach.
- Maintain program enrollment and monitor rate of participation.
- Manage staff evaluation process and conduct mid-year and end-year evaluations.
- Collaborate with program staff to present mid-year and end-year student exhibitions and/or performances.
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders such as school administration, participants, and parents.
- Ensure all staff have appropriate training and documentation as outlined in our School Age Child Care (SACC) License, and any other requirement as outlined in our DYCD contract and/or license to operate a SACC program.
- Attend all necessary DYCD and OCFS trainings, as well as any other required licensing trainings.
- Work with the Site Supervisor to ensure proper paperwork and staffing.
- Work with the Site Supervisor to manage logistics and quality of the program.
- Provide regular After-School program updates to the Site Supervisor.
- Ensure DYCD Connect (program database) is updated weekly with attendance, and annually for the submission of the work scope, program activity schedule, etc.
· Complete 15 hours of professional development each calendar year.
· Ensure the health and safety of students during program hours.
- Ensure compliance with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements and the Department of Health (DOH) licensing, and Department of Education (DOE) regulations.
- Maintain and update inventory and supplies.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Site Supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field.
- Two years direct experience, working with children less than 13 years of age.
- One year working in a supervisory capacity with adults in a child care program or related field of work.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of DOH, DOE, and DYCD regulations.
- Familiar with submitting program data on DYCD Connect.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills, including attention to detail, multi-tasking, and time management.
- Must be First Aid CPR AED Certified and Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19.