Advocates, a nonprofit human services organization, is seeking a highly collaborative, strategic, and confident marketing professional to join the marketing and communications team. If writing is your passion, this position is for you.
In this new role, the Director of Program Marketing will focus on developing effective and engaging content and strategic program marketing plans while supporting Advocates’ mission, values, and strategic growth. This role will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and work in collaboration with the marketing team, other departments, and programs across Advocates and our affiliates at HMEA.
This position can be fully in-person or hybrid. Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement.
- Develop, manage, and implement program-specific marketing plans (ex: adult family care, brain injury, and outpatient counseling services) in collaboration with program staff.
- Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of program-specific marketing and initiatives.
- Write all program descriptions and content for print and digital materials; oversee program and service content on external website.
- Manage and oversee development of brochures and other collateral materials, whether collaborating in-house or coordinating with outside vendors such as graphic designer and photographers.
- Work in collaboration with marketing team members; ex: delegate program-specific digital marketing needs to social media specialist.
- Ensure all marketing communications articulate proper content and image of organization across all mediums and maintain consistent messaging, tone of voice, and visual identity.
- Act as agency’s main editor, when needed.
- Collaborate with program staff to lead storytelling from start to finish, including interviewing people we support and staff, write stories, and coordinate photography.
- Oversee and manage family communications plans that builds stronger relationships leading to philanthropic support.
- Manage Advocates attendance and involvement in relevant outreach/community events and sponsorships/conferences
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; provide supervision, mentoring and professional development opportunities.
- Actively attend all supervision and staff meetings.
- Adhere to all principles related to the Advocates Way.
- Ensure that people we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Advocates’ Human Rights policies.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other related field and Seven (7) or more years of communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit, social services, or healthcare setting.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly transform complex issues into accessible, reader-friendly communications.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills and success in culture-building.
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Exercises a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ license and have access to an automobile to travel between sites.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for event support.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)