The Deputy Director of Human Resources provides managerial assistance to the HR Director as well as exercising primary responsibility for the management and quality control efforts as they relate to all human resources functions. In addition, the Deputy Director of HR is responsible for supporting the Director of Human Resources in the overall management of the HR department.
Include but are not limited to the following:
HR Strategy & Operations
- Support the HR Director in improving the HR efficiency and effectiveness of the organization; furnish well- researched solutions and recommendations for decision-makers
- Supervises the two (2) HR Specialist and (1) HR Associate.
- Participate in the development and implementation of innovative human resource development/training strategies.
- Participate in the development of policies and programs for employee relations, such as creating a harassment-free environment, sexual harassment prevention, employee complaints resolution, and employee engagement.
- Oversees the performance evaluation program for the agency
- Provide conflict resolution consulting and training to managers and employees
- Provide advisement, input and writing during the development and fine-tuning of CUCS policies.
- Co-manage communication of CUCS policies to employees.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new employees, including initial welcome and explanation of benefits, all related paperwork, enrollments, systems training and introduction to relevant departments for peripheral on-boarding
- Oversee the coordination of Leave Administration practices for CUCS, ensuring programs and processes are in alignment with local, state and federal laws.
- Oversees the coordination of annual employee open enrollment, new hire benefit enrollment, and the ongoing benefits program
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal employment standards
- Assist with the development and implementation of initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the agency, particularly in the areas of pipeline programs, recruiting and mentoring.
- Assist with identifying the strengths and weaknesses of our management group in managing effectively and equitably; co-creating plans to build skills in these areas
- Develop practices and programs for supporting staff new to management roles
- Assist with Identifying, evaluating, and maintaining relationships with external networks, partnerships and international organizations (industry, non-profit, and university groups) that align with our strategic enterprise inclusion and diversity goals
- Oversee all human resources data management systems including systems administration, maintenance, upgrades, data integrity, and reporting and data analysis
- Partners with leadership and programs on job design, education, experience and competency prioritization, selection and hiring processes.
- Represents the Director of Human Resources in his or her absence
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred;
· PHR or SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred;
· Minimum 8 years of generalist HR experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills;
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills;
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations;
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite