District Bridges is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington, DC with a mission to enrich neighborhood vitality by bridging community engagement and economic development opportunities so individuals, businesses, and organizations can thrive together.
Primary Roles: Digital Strategy, Educational Content Development for Small Business, Project Management
The Digital Learning Manager/Director (DLM) oversees and implements educational technologies in support of District Bridges’ mission and goals, specifically responsible for the strategic growth of and content development for the Access Point DC small business technical assistance platform.
The DLM reports to the Operations Director (OD) and works in collaboration and partnership with the Main Street Managers and Directors to provide guidance, consultation, and support necessary to ensure our technology best serves our small businesses and partners.The DLM is responsible for content curation, curriculum development, and coordination of subject matter experts for production and promotion, work with the marketing team to develop a robust marketing plan to attract new users to the platform and develop sponsored content to market the platform through trusted media partners. The DLM has exemplary project management and collaboration skills, using CRM systems and software to ensure deliverables are met and outcomes are achieved. The DLM operates at all times in a transparent, inclusive, ethical, and sustainable manner.
- Oversee all projects and services related to the Access Point DC platform;
- Work with the website development team to ensure the platform is up to date;
- With the OD, develop and implement a comprehensive annual workplan rooted in small business needs, including the management of grant budgets supporting the project;
- Work with OD to identify contract needs in pursuit of programmatic activities - technical assistance (TA) providers, marketing consultants, video production companies, etc. - and monitor progress towards deliverables;
- Engage with the Main Street team to explore, discuss, and assess innovative and emerging topics for content development and curation, focused on serving small, local business, especially minority- and immigrant-owned;
- Manage all aspects of the content development and curation process, including:
- Create and monitor production schedules in Asana;
- Serve as the point of contact for production for all scheduling, recording, and pre- and post-production activities;
- Solicit bids and review proposals related to identified subject matters;
- Interview and vet subject matter experts;
- With the OD, negotiate deliverables and finalize contract paperwork with providers;
- Support in-take process and serve as the point of contact for technical assistance providers;
- Coordinate provider scheduling, including confirmation, reminders, and post-production;
- Maintain all provider records and files in Google Shared Drive;
- Assist providers with their presentation storyboarding, content, format, and delivery;
- Assist providers as they develop, design, and finalize any support materials;
- Ensure providers send any visual slides or content to production studio according to pre-production schedule, with proper credit/annotation;
- Facilitate all related follow-up communications and episode closeout;
- Review draft videos for quality standards and provide feedback to production studio;
- Work with OD to finalize content as needed and manage communication with production studio if any final edits are required to address District Bridges’ quality concerns;
- Coordinate with production studio to upload finalized videos to Vimeo; and
- Complete posting of video content, provider bios, and final episode/series descriptions to website through WordPress and LearnDash software.
Data Collection and Reporting
- With the OD and ED, set meaningful and measurable quarterly, annual, and long-term goals for the position and platform; and
- Regularly seek, assess, and evaluate user feedback to determine the effectiveness of the platform and provide recommendations to improve learning outcomes;
- Work with the OD and website platform team to integrate platform data with Salesforce, ensuring that data is gathered and properly collected, stored, analyzed for all staff, consultants, and partners;
- Report on the impacts, achievements, and expenses of Access Point to the Board of Directors through updates provided to the ED for the monthly Board reports; and
- Work with the OD to report to granting agencies on program impact and budget.
- Oversee internal and external communications regarding the Access Point DC platform, including its webpage, social media, newsletter, and print and online publications;
- With the marketing team, develop and maintain communications plan, schedule, and editorial calendar, to include:
- Content for monthly newsletters and/or content updates;
- Weekly activity on social media
- Timely updating of associated webpages and blog posts;
- Regular outreach to local and regional audiences through other organizations and publications;
- Seek promotion and advertising opportunities for District Bridges and Access Point DC, particularly those which serve segments of the local business community.
- Participate in annual goal setting and workplanning using EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System), ensuring that all Access Point DC activities map to the overarching organizational goals and adhere to the District Bridges Strategy Screen;
- Participate in a vertical and horizontal Annual Review Process; and
- Support other team members with projects, events, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors or graduate studies in Education, Technology, Instructional Design, Communication, or closely related fields preferred.
- 2-4 years (Manager) or 4-7 years (Director) experience in media production and management, instructional development, designing and implementing digital education strategies through learning management systems, and coordinating with subject matter experts and translating expertise into broadly engaging and effective training content for a variety of audiences is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of small business challenges, and capacity to contribute to development of online educational programming that is responsive and relevant to current small business needs preferred.
- Technically proficient, with experience in digital education platforms, project management systems, and CRM required.
- Proficiency in Adobe, Photoshop, and video editing softwares a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse stakeholders and align on strategic plans for technical learning, and experience successfully delivering on those plans, is required.
- Attention to detail with the ability to quickly maneuver between macro strategic thinking and micro program management is required.
- A collaborative and cooperative mindset is required.
This role needs to lift up to 30 lbs. and consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.