Sixth & I seeks a Grants Associate to join its growing Development team and support Sixth & I’s philanthropic partnerships with foundations, government agencies, and corporations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Grants Associate will work across Sixth & I’s fundraising, programmatic, and finance teams to meet established deadlines for grant and sponsorship related proposals, reports, and other deliverables, and cultivate relationships with the organization’s growing portfolio of institutional funders. If you have experience in nonprofit development and a commitment to arts and culture, spiritual or social justice programming, we encourage you to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the grants production calendar to ensure timely submission of grant proposal, report, and stewardship materials.
- Develop compelling cases for support in ways that convey the mission and impact of Sixth & I’s programmatic initiatives using a variety of writing styles, including but not limited to proposals, letters of inquiry, grant reports, email correspondence, presentations, and acknowledgment letters.
- Work with finance and program staff to prepare project budgets, financial reports, and monitor expenditures of grant funds.
- With the Development Operations Associate, record and track all activity in Sixth & I’s Raiser’s Edge database, including prospect research, moves management, funder profiles, proposal and reporting deadlines, and philanthropic commitments received.
- Support the Senior Director of Development in developing comprehensive fundraising strategies designed to expand and diversify Sixth & I’s current funder portfolio, including researching and identifying new foundation and government funding opportunities
- Participate in meetings with program staff to identify project needs and key messaging for funders.
- Facilitate and help prepare staff for funder site visits and/or meetings with foundation and government representatives.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced. You have 1-2 years of experience with grant writing, grants management, corporate/foundation relations, or related work within the field of nonprofit fundraising.
- Detail-oriented and creative. You have superb written and verbal communication skills. You deliver work that is error-free and consistent with other external and internal communications. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and know how to translate abstract ideas into compelling cases for support that inspire action.
- Highly collaborative. You have a strong aptitude for project management and cross-team engagement. You understand the importance of building relationships with program staff and external stakeholders, and you enjoy working collaboratively to develop compelling proposals and reports.
- Fluent with finances. You are comfortable reading and using numbers, financials, and statistics in your work. You have experience preparing budgets, reviewing financial reports, and incorporating financial information into cases for support.
- Tech Savvy. You have strong computer proficiency; including experience with prospect research tools and fundraising databases. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and RENXT is a plus.
- Organized and Efficient. You know how to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines. You are comfortable developing processes and systems to help guide your work.
- Highly motivated. You’re a self-starter who knows how to turn ideas into reality. You see challenges as opportunities for creative thinking and you are comfortable pivoting when needed. You have a commitment to continuous learning and seek out opportunities for professional development as a part of your job.