The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-fueled organization whose mission is to cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improve the quality of life for the children and adults affected by these diseases. Our work is dramatically accelerating the research process through our varied research initiatives; we also provide extensive educational and support resources for patients and their families, medical professionals, and the public. In addition, we lead federal and state-based advocacy campaigns to support medical research funding and improve patient access to care. The Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Director, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement works as in partnership with Foundation leadership, community volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in Special Events, leading the local gala, and supporting the Take Steps fundraising campaign. This individual will identify, recruit, train, and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize their engagement in order to advance the mission of the Foundation, and will supervise two event staff in the chapter.
The Director travels throughout the designated market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Director will identify and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the IBD community.
This role is hybrid: 2 days/week in the Seattle office and 3 days/week Remote.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Take Steps fundraising campaign and provide input into the development of a plan to strategically execute peer-to-peer fundraising best practices.
- Leads the successful planning and execution of Epicure, the NW Chapter’s annual gala.
- Oversee creation of annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting, and project management to ensure success of these campaigns.
- Go the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, use that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way. Communicate shared vision by utilizing national campaign and marketing materials, adjusting as appropriate.
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved by overseeing development, implementation, and assessment of year-round strategic fundraising plans for all fundraising events. Plan includes campaign revenue drivers: proactive team engagement, acquisition, day of experience, sponsorship and data-revenue tracking and assessment. Make timely adjustments to fundraising strategies as needed.
- Ensure the successful implementation of fundraising events to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Identify and cultivate corporate, healthcare and community partners who will maximize growth and revenue impact of fundraising events.
- Prepare and manage the budget (income and expenses) and work plan (including timeline and deliverables) to ensure successful completion of the Chapter’s fundraising programs.
- Utilize data to identify areas for improvement, growth, and opportunity.
- Deepen relationships and engagement with participants, teams, sponsors, and community leaders to ensure execution of an exceptional event experience.
- Direct the implementation and execution of Take Steps focusing on acquisition, retention and stewardship of teams, participants, top fundraisers, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Lead the execution of Epicure and other special events on acquisition, retention, sponsorship, stewardship and fund-the-mission strategies.
- Ensure fundraising strategies are understood and implemented by Chapter staff through coaching and direct supervision.
- Oversee peer-to-peer campaign managers Take Steps markets and spin4 Crohn’s & Colitis cures campaigns.
- Partner with Executive Director to evaluate, cultivate and steward major gift prospects.
- Maintain an annual prospect list and proactively work to further develop this list.
- Build a compelling vision for growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
- Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit, and engage volunteers who have potential to make an impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability.
- Partner with and support volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Serve as a key leader in your market area building relationships, raising awareness, and sharing mission impact with constituents.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 6-8 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Marketing and public relations experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, peer to peer fundraising, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, generate revenue and analyze data to drive results and revenue growth.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Familiarity with major gift and annual giving campaigns.
- Proven and applicable skills in volunteer and staff development and supervision.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably managing a team.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Blackbaud CRM.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.