Digitunity’s mission is to eliminate the technology gap, through and with a network of stakeholders and solutions, so that everyone can thrive in a digitally connected society. The Development team brings that work to life in numerous ways.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy and Development and in collaboration with other marketing personnel and the broader Digitunity team, this full-time position will support the marketing, communications, and fundraising efforts of Digitunity. This position requires strong problem solving skills, decision making abilities, written and oral communication skills, professional interpersonal skills, as well as attention to detail.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator position provides support to the development and marketing team at Digitunity. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator plays an important role in advancing the work of Digitunity. Responsibilities include distributing promotional content, responding to queries and comments on social media, and coordinating marketing events/campaigns. The incumbent must be technologically savvy, have exceptional written/verbal communication skills, and possess the ability to be efficient with electronic communication of all types.
- Develop draft communications, presentations, and other materials as needed.
- Produce and maintain organizational support documents for proposals and reporting materials.
- Provide light administration support as needed to support the marketing and development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing & Communications
- Assist marketing with content development for social media, website, and other communication channels, including marketing collateral, annual report, and special projects as needed.
- Craft and send regular newsletters and other marketing communications.
- Monitor Digitunity and partner websites and social media pages; address online queries.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for products/services to support marketing.
- Track and prepare reports for return on marketing campaigns and other projects
- Gather and report constituent feedback and research to inform development and program teams.
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion for fostering digital equity across the country.
- Dependability, initiative, strong organizational skills; ability to work independent of constant supervision in a high-speed, ever-changing environment.
- Strong team player with ability to work effectively in a mission-driven organization whose clients and staff reflect significant diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion.
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate the mission and vision of Digitunity.
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of digital inclusion and the role device ownership plays in digital equity.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, effectively manage time, and establish priorities, with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating accuracy, creativity, and persuasiveness.
- Expertise in creating and formatting of development and marketing-related documents, including graphics.
- Experience with online and social media communication.
- Advanced proficiency with tools such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Salesforce NPSP, Canva and Active Campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The annual salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $45,000, depending on experience.
- Digitunity offers generous benefits including: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, and flexible paid time off.
- This position is a 100% remote position, although periodic travel throughout continental United States may be required.
- Availability to work 40 hours per week, with online availability generally between 9 AM and 5 PM local time. Working hours can be flexible depending on the scope of work being done, with periodic support of events that may be in the evening or on the weekend.
- Candidates for this remote position must have the ability to work in a distraction free environment.
- A job in this category may involve sitting most of the time with long periods of computer work and heavy phone usage.
- Participate in staff meetings, and other vital administrative, promotional, and organization-related meetings and activities.
Diversity and Equity
Digitunity is committed to employing a talented and diverse team of professionals dedicated to eliminating the technology gap. Women, people of color, members of the LGBT community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.