Organization Context: The mission of the Reinvent Stockton Foundation (RSF) is to build hope and expand opportunity by investing in our city’s people. We do this by supporting students in their pursuit of higher education and supporting innovative ways to address poverty and violent crime. We directly run the Stockton Scholars and support a number of independent but aligned non-profit projects, Mayors for a Guaranteed Income, and Stockton Service Corps. To learn more about RSF, please visit www.reinventstockton.org.
Position Description: The Director of Impact will work with all of RSF’s grantees with a primary focus on Stockton Scholars, Stockton Service Corps, and Mayors for a Guaranteed Income to manage all grants received and given through their lifecycle and ensure proper due diligence for all grants. The successful candidate will have substantial experience researching and writing grant applications, issuing grant reports, have relevant software expertise, work effectively across multiple teams, and have a strong donor relations orientation. This new position will also be responsible for supporting grantees in the generation of compelling impact data and sharing it. They will report to the Executive Director of RSF.
Work will be performed within the City of Stockton in our office location in downtown Stockton. Reliable transportation is required.
Ensuring RSF is driven by qualitative and quantitative impact:
● Embrace the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion and ensure they are reflected in the impact portfolio of work
● Serve as a subject matter expert for internal and external inquiries and issues related to specific impact strategies
● Work with the Executive Director, Program Directors, and grantee partners to develop measurable outcomes/program evaluation and indicators for each program
● Enable us to tell our impact story along by tracking impact metrics for the RSF core team and our grantee and program partners
● Ensure data collection efforts are established, both qualitative and quantitative, for all grantees and programs
Grant research, writing, reporting, and making:
● Possess extensive grantmaking and grant writing experience and relationships with external funders ● Manage workflow process for all types of RSF’s grants, ensuring impeccable timeliness and accuracy ● Support the establishment of grants management budgets, including developing systems, policies and procedures
● Develop, maintain, and ensure proper grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to due diligence procedures, grant reporting, award letters, grant agreements, and procedures to ensure availability of funds
● Harness, use, and improve new grants management and donor portal software; master and manage software to meet requirements and ensure data integrity, including interface with general ledger software (Quickbooks); ensure other relevant staff are properly trained
● Oversee and ensure all multi-year grants are entered and tracked appropriately
● Oversee grant reporting and analysis
● Review grant check proof reports, grant checks, and grantee award letters
Impact Communication and Development Relations
● Coordinate and collaborate with other internal functions, including finance/accounting, program, development, and communications
● Strategize and refine RSF’s impact communications, in partnership with the Executive Director and Manager of Communications, to a diverse constituency to prepare and deliver clear and compelling reports, presentations, and communications based on research and analysis
● Capture and disseminate data and insights in external communications, both written and verbal, and may, as appropriate, participate as a speaker, panel member, or moderator in professional settings ● Lead the team in providing superior customer service to donors
● Ensure that individual donors and foundations receive prompt and appropriately personalized letters, e-mails, and/or calls in appreciation for their support.
● Maintain and regularly reconcile a calendar of all reports due to foundations and other relevant funders; work with the Development Manager to develop required content and data and ensure that reporting deadlines are met.
● Be a point of contact for donor and grantee relations
● Act as the team’s in-house expert and consultant on office tools, data and reporting (e.g. help the team to prepare sophisticated charts/graphs, reports, tracking systems, PowerPoint presentations and to leverage collaboration tools like Sharepoint, GoogleDocs, etc.)
● Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
● Experience managing donor/funder relationships
● Substantial experience with grants management software such as Salesforce
● Strong skills managing people, processes, and timelines
● Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously ● Highly effective oral and written communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles
● High level of demonstrated accuracy
● Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required
● Working style suited to operating in a small office setting with limited support staff, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
● Ability to work both under supervision and independently
● Experience working with diverse community residents and/or partners
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● Professionalism and discretion
Organization Context: The mission of the Reinvent Stockton Foundation (RSF) is to build hope and expand opportunity by investing in our city’s people. We do this by supporting students in their pursuit of higher education and supporting…
Based on a competitive non-profit salary scale; generous benefits package. Includes provisions or reimbursement for Medical, Dental, Vision, and retirement plan contributions. All RSF staff receive a generous annual wellness fund stipend to promote healthy lifestyles, creativity, and work-life balance.
As a mission-driven organization, we match 100% of employee contributions to non-profit and charitable organizations, and provide opportunities for staff to participate in student mentorship and volunteer activities.
Based on a competitive non-profit salary scale; generous benefits package. Includes provisions or reimbursement for Medical, Dental, Vision, and retirement plan contributions…
Submit a resume, cover letter, and the names of two (2) professional references (names and titles) to email@example.com. Please include “Application—DIA” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with intent for the position to be filled in fall of 2021. Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reinvent Stockton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.