Based in East Harlem and Washington Heights, two long-standing and well-regarded harm reduction organizations in New York City are seeking a Facilities Associate. The non-profits, in the process of completing a merger, are innovative organizations serving low-income people who use drugs, engage in sex work, their families, and their communities, as well as other marginalized individuals. The wide range of mobile and center-based services are delivered by upwards of 80 staff and peer workers, and include syringe access, overdose prevention, public health, care coordination, medical care, holistic care, peer education, and advocacy services. The organizations have a combined $7 million budget made up of mainly government grants.
The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day services to create safe and efficient working conditions for all staff. The position will be responsible for facility management: maintenance and repairs for all WHCP/NYHRE offices. This position reports to the Director of Facilities and Fleet Operations as well as the Facilities and Fleet Manager.
· Oversees day to day operation of all facilities to assure that they are safe and ready for use
· Oversees office cleaning contractor and all maintenance of office equipment
· Oversees the use of common areas and conference rooms to assure their safe use for their intended purposes and manages a system to reserve conference rooms
· Other duties/projects as needed
· 2+ years of experience doing maintenance and/or facilities management
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Excellent problem solving skills required
· Customer service skills strongly preferred
· Ability to lift at least 40 lbs as well as engage in physical work both indoors and outside
· Must be dedicated to advancing an agenda of equal rights and social justice for marginalized individuals such as sex workers and drug users
· Must take a non- judgmental approach and have an aptitude to meet people where they are on the continuum of change regarding drug use, sex work, and/or mental and physical health challenges.
Based in East Harlem and Washington Heights, two long-standing and well-regarded harm reduction organizations in New York City are seeking a Facilities Associate. The non-profits, in the process of completing a merger, are…
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction as well as interest in the position. Please also submit your curriculum vitae/resume. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered for the position. Please save your files with your last name and first name followed by document title (e.g. Smith James Resume, Smith James Cover Letter)
Submit Resume and Cover letter to:
Email address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Facilities Associate
Attention: Hiring Manager
Washington Heights CORNER Project and the New York Harm Reduction Educators are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate relative to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, medical status, or history of incarceration. Individuals who have personal experience with drug use, people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with justice system involvement are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your experience and/or interest in harm reduction as well as interest in the position. Please also submit your…