JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For nearly 40 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
The Development team works across all units to support strategic fundraising at JFF. We seek out new funding opportunities and support existing relationships between JFF and regional, national, and government funders. The Development team assists with prospective funder research, identifying and assessing funding opportunities and RFPs. We also focus on project research and development, concept paper, proposal writing and submissions.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development Strategy & Operations, the Development Manager serves as a critical point of coordination and operational support for JFF’s Development team, program staff, and executive leadership. The Development Manager will be expected to collaborate closely with colleagues and contribute as needed to execute the Department’s goals and deliverables. The Development Manager will bring a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and will be excited to work in an impact-oriented and highly collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
Relationship Building and Stakeholder Engagement
- Quickly build trust and rapport with JFF colleagues, within your Unit and across JFF, as well as external stakeholders
- Organize and facilitate meetings of diverse stakeholders across JFF to define project objectives, resource requirements, timing, and deliverables in support of organizational goals
- Develop, manage, and communicate project expectations, updates, and milestones such as status and progress reports, roadblocks/contingency plans, retrospectives, etc. to key stakeholder
- Proactively assist JFF’s Program, Development, and Fiscal staff with grant and contract pursuit processes
- Responsible for project management of proposals by developing proposal elements and supporting materials
- Support with drafting and editing proposals, information-sharing, and coordination of JFF’s internal review and approval process for funder submission
Funder Reporting & outreach
- Manage funder reporting by tracking and monitoring progress with Program and Fiscal teams, and ensuring that reports meet funder deadlines and specifications
- Assist with updating funder decks, and other development collateral to support strategic outreach activities, including JFF’s Horizon's sponsorship
Prospect Management & Research
- Make strategic use of salesforce for relationship management, ensuring that all substantive activities with prospects or funders are tracked, all accounts and contacts are up to date
- Support efforts to create and conduct strategic meetings with prospects.
- Support prospect research efforts by conducting research on potential institutional and corporate funders for JFF program teams
- Assist with preparing outreach briefing materials to funders and donors for our CEO/Senior VP, synthesizing information from research, Salesforce, and JFF program teams
Team Management and Operations
- Provide development-related support to the SVP and the Work Unit by assisting with meeting setups, follow-ups, coordinating events, and supporting special projects
- Develop and/or enhance various development operations and systems to help the development team maximize effectiveness
- Support stewardship efforts by facilitating the acknowledgement process, and providing other support for stewardship efforts.
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management within a communications setting
- You have exceptional project management and organizational skills and can work quickly and independently by prioritizing and meeting competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can maintain open and effective communication with staff at all levels across the organization, including senior leadership
- You can communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- You pay attention to detail, are extremely organized and are committed to accuracy with the ability to take initiative, and have a desire to complete work accurately
- You have strong professional ethics and can maintain a high-level of confidentiality
- You have experience with project management and sales management tools such as Salesforce and in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel
- You have experience in nonprofits, grant processes, or development (preferred)
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
We are accepting applications through January 28th, 2022. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of January 31st, 2022.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.