Position: Kitchen Assistant
Responsible for the safe preparation and service of meals on a daily basis. Assists the Kitchen Manager/Culinary Director and/or Executive Assistant in all kitchen related assignments.
BGCB is offering a $500 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve food to 6-18 year old club members as part of afterschool meals program.
- Ensure compliance with the Department of Education and Board of Health regulations.
- Maintain and report on number of members served daily and the numbers of meals distributed.
- Report all incidents immediately to the supervisor.
- Assists in the supervision of members participating in programs and services within the kitchen.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the kitchen area.
- Maintains a safe and clean kitchen/cafeteria area.
- Participate in Culinary team meetings, when possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand :
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of kitchen operations and food preparation required.
- ServSafe certified or ability to become certified in food safety preferred.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Experience working with children.
- Organized and reliable.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston requires all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with State and Federal Laws, employees who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious objection may qualify for an exemption to this requirement.