How To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zioness unabashedly progressive an unapologetically Zionist. Our mission is equip and inspire Jews and allies to fight for social justice in the US as proud Zionists.
We are committed to building an organization that is representative of our community’s beautiful diversity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision, and strongly encourage applicants from marginalized and underrepresented communities to apply.
Base Compensation: $80,000 to $100,000, commensurate with experience.
Overview: The Digital Communications and Operations Director will work to ensure Zioness is able to advance its mission by supporting the execution of the organization’s internal processes and external programming and by developing and implementing strategic communications plans to amplify the organization’s message across multiple platforms.
- The Candidate has a deep passion for progressive issues and for Zionism, and is deeply motivated to engage in support of both causes.
- The Candidate is a self-starter, capable of producing output for the organization with minimal oversight.
- The Candidate understands they’re part of a “start-up” organization. As such, they should expect an all-hands-on-deck approach and that they may be asked to tackle items that aren’t specifically outlined in their job scope. All members of Zioness staff commit to being a team player who will fill in gaps as needed.
- The Candidate is well organized, detail-oriented, and professional.
- The Candidate is capable of performing at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- The Candidate commits to embodying the values of Zioness in public and private, during
- work hours and non-work hours, and commits to positively representing the organization at all times.
Qualifications For The Role:
- Three to five years experience in communications with an emphasis on social media management, original content creation, and internal communications, with an understanding of tactics and strategies needed to increase brand awareness and digital engagement
- Graphic design skills (with Canva as a minimum) and video cutting/editing skills for short, viral clips.
- Understanding of and commitment to running systems and processes as seamlessly as possible.
- A self-starter and creative problem-solver capable of producing results with minimal oversight.
- A team player who understands the dynamic of a “start-up” with an all-hands-on-deck approach and an understanding that they may be asked to tackle items that aren’t specifically outlined in their job scope. The Candidate is capable of performing at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate has experience with marketing, database management, Wordpress, mastery of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, and is able and trustworthy to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- The Candidate thrives in behind-the-scenes roles that enable the organization to succeed.
- Proficiency with NGP VAN/EveryAction, WordPress, Action Network, Slack, Facebook,
- Twitter, Instagram and other common online engagement platforms.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills; utilizes ethical communication practices.
- Team-oriented attitude that functions in direct collaboration as well as behind-the-scenes work.
- Strong social media skills, and understands how to use online tools to increase reach and drive online and offline engagement.
- Highly organized, self-sufficient, with meticulous attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Familiarity and comfort working with branded communications.
- Communications responsibilities include:
- Identify goals, measures for success, benchmarks, strategies, and tactics based on organizational priorities; create and execute communications and marketing plans to meet those goals.
- Manage internal and external communications and content production in coordination with the staff, graphic designer and Public Relations team.
- Stay up-to-date and serve as a resource to the Zioness team on media trends and impact, current events, actions, decisions, and other matters for possible impact on Zioness.
- Write, edit, and proofread newsletters, email campaigns and content, social media content, and updates to staff, donors, and members.
- Update and maintain organization website.
- Develop and manage a content calendar for all social media platforms in coordination with the Public Relations team.
- Interpret analytics and leverage reporting tools to help the organization tweak its engagement and content strategy over time.
- Build and maintain email lists that can be easily sorted and leveraged in various ways as the organization grows.
- Build and execute effective email engagement and fundraising campaigns.
- Create and/or engage with Zioness groups on social media.
- Lead the messaging, development and distribution of rapid response communications in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Creating tailored action alerts for Zioness activists to reach local, state and federal leadership.
- Provide regular messaging updates and trainings for Board, staff, chapter members, and other key audiences
- Operational responsibilities in support of the Executive Director and the National Vice Presidents of Community Engagement, Organizing, and Advocacy, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating with external vendors on specific projects as assigned.
- Managing the organization’s quarterly operations plan as assigned and maintaining all appropriate internal trackers.
- Coordinating event registration, invitations, social media recruitment and paid promotions.
- Overseeing operations for community events, trainings, partner events and direct actions.
- Ensuring follow up occurs after our programming including post-programming surveys.
- Supporting and coordinating partner outreach as necessary.
- Research policy or advocacy issues, as appropriate.