Interfaith America is a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago. We believe that religious diversity is a foundational American strength, and we are building a nation that achieves that promise for the common good. Our mission is to inspire, equip, and connect organizations and leaders to unlock the potential of America’s religious diversity. We leverage our expertise in interfaith leadership in different sectors and spaces in American life, such higher education, health, public policy, racial equity, corporations/business, tech - giving leaders and institutions the tools and resources they need to positively engage religious diversity for the common good.
At Interfaith America, we are ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are committed to supporting work at the intersection of racial equity and interfaith cooperation. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and secular traditions that affirm dignity and justice for every human being. We are utilizing our interfaith leadership to contribute to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
You believe that your excellent support of executive leaders is critical to Interfaith America achieving its vision of interfaith cooperation and racial equity in America. You have excellent judgment and can prioritize an executive’s time. You love to organize and manage all tasks, from big to small. You believe that every detail is important and feel a sense of satisfaction when every detail is attended to. You thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You enjoy working collaboratively and liaising across multiple complex projects with various stakeholders. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level executive assistance to our Senior Advisor for Racial Equity and our Vice President of Operations and Finance. Our Senior Advisor for Racial Equity oversees both our external racial equity programming and our internal commitment to racial equity. He has a dynamic schedule, including internal meetings, travel, and external meetings. Our Vice President of Operations and Finance oversees a team of operations professionals and all aspects of our organization’s finances, human resources, IT and executive support. We’re looking for this position to optimize and prioritize these executives’ time through the following responsibilities.
• Manages dynamic calendars of appointments and travel for the executives. Schedules internal and external meetings and responds to internal and external requests for meetings with the executives in a timely, respectful manner.
• Serves as a “gatekeeper” for the executives’ schedule and communicates directly and on behalf of the executives, with donors, VIP partners, media contacts, Interfaith America staff and others on meeting requests from Interfaith America and responding to invitations from external partners.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs of the executives’ time to ensure that their time is deployed strategically.
• Works closely and effectively with the executives to keep them well-informed of the upcoming commitments, calendar obligations, weekly to-do items, and follows up appropriately.
• Arranges complex and detailed travel plans for the executives including all logistics, itineraries, bios of meeting participants, agendas and other materials for related meetings.
• Liaises with appropriate team members in preparation for trips, ensuring smooth and managed travel.
• Assists with follow up and other action items after trips conclude.
• Oversees budgets and provides quarterly reports to the executives on the status of their budgets.
• Coordinates with the Director of Executive Office to schedule time for the executives to meet with the Founder and President.
• Creates and formats presentations in PowerPoint
• Copyedits and proofreads materials
• Researches various programmatic topics for the executives
• Drafts correspondence and memos on behalf of the executives
• Maintains updated contacts and upload email correspondence in SalesForce for the executives and finds ways to optimize ongoing engagement with VIPs
• Completes reimbursements for executives, does credit card reconciliations and submit check requests
• Supports the executives with personal affairs when necessary
• A Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of administrative assistance experience
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Being up-to-date with the COVID-19 vaccination
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills and versed with communicating with VIPs
• Proven client service skillset
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
• High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
• Relationship Building - Being able to connect with others (internally and externally) to form positive working relationships.
• Project Management - Aptly leading, planning, and executing project or pieces of a project, ensuring all project members are staying within timelines and budgets.
• Results oriented – Ability to complete multiple assigned tasks across multiple program and project areas with a high level of excellence, attention to detail and within assigned deadlines.
• Adaptability - Adapting to change within the organization, programs and projects with grace and a positive attitude.
• DEI Cultural Competency - Ability to understand, appreciate and interact effectively with people from cultures, identities, lived experiences or belief systems different from one's own.
Supervisior: Director of the Executive Office
Hours: Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required to address travel or other timely executive responsibilities hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Compensation and benefits: $55,000 - $70,000 annually plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Application: Please upload your resume and cover letter that includes why you want to work at Interfaith America
Application deadline: application is open until filled, recommend applying early
Location: working from our Chicago Loop office 3-4 days per week at 141 W Jackson Blvd. #3200 Chicago, IL 60604
Other Requirements: This position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance in our Chicago Loop office; work cooperatively with others; adhere to Interfaith America personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
Interfaith America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.
Interfaith America is a national nonprofit organization based in Chicago. We believe that religious diversity is a foundational American strength, and we are building a nation that achieves that promise for the common good. Our…
Free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health…