Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano. We are seeking an organized, self-motivated individual to serve as the DOJ Accredited Representative for our Yolo County office, based in Woodland, California.
NOTE: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Catholic Charities Yolo-Solano (CCYS) is seeking an ethical, compassionate and knowledgeable DOJ Accredited Representative Trainee for its Woodland office which serves the entire county of Yolo. Once hired, the DOJ Accredited Representative Trainee will be required to become DOJ Accredited within a reasonable amount of time from the date of hire. This position supports CCYS’s mission by providing low-cost legal services to the immigrant community and works collaboratively with the Solano County Office.
The DOJ Accredited Representative Trainee is part of the ILS Team and reports to the ILS Managing Attorney.
Before receiving DOJ Accreditation
● Outreach and Group Processing: Develop community relationships. Responsible for workshops, clinics, outreach activities and information sessions for immigrants, social service agencies serving immigrants, local government, and community-based organizations. Outreach requires occasional evening and weekend events.
● Office Management: Screen calls and, where appropriate, set up and confirm client appointments; perform other clerical duties as needed.
● Case Management: Under the supervision of the Managing Attorney, assist clients filing applications, including family-based and humanitarian immigration petitions, waivers, U Visas, DACA, naturalization, consular processing and adjustments of status.
● Refrain from unauthorized practice of immigration law.
After receiving DOJ Accreditation
● Case Management: Provide eligibility and risk assessment, full representation, brief service, and/or legal advice to low-income clients filing applications, including family-based and humanitarian immigration petitions, waivers, U Visas, DACA, naturalization, consular processing and adjustments of status.
● Maintain Legal Best Practices: Comply with CCYS policies, procedures, protocols, and best practices for non-profit immigration law practice, including legal ramifications, fee collection, confidentiality, maintenance of client files and data for reporting requirements. Participate in regular peer review meetings and legal trainings. Sign contracts with clients, work with administrative staff to ensure fees are collected and applications are filed in a timely manner
● All other duties: Perform all other duties as needed and/or as directed by supervisor.
● Understands CCYS mission and is responsible, adaptive, resourceful, innovative & solution focused and team oriented.
● Demonstrate a fundamental respect for the dignity of others.
● Understands and values quality improvement, able to effectively address overlapping projects and deadlines. Adaptable and reliable in the face of conflict, crisis, or changing priorities.
● Actively engages in problem solving; Seeks resolution of conflicts. Is organized, efficient, and effective; Sets goals for work tasks: Identifies priority issues; Meets productivity standards.
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
● High analytical abilities to process large amounts of data from multiple sources.
● Ability to prioritize across multiple types of work and coordinate the work of others.
● Be a proven team builder.
● Ability to network and interact internally and externally.
● Experience serving clients from many different cultures.
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience
● Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
● Proficient in technology, computer operation, word processing and spreadsheets, specifically using Microsoft Office Suite, and/or Google G-Suite
● Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
● Bilingual – Fluent in Spanish and English.
● Demonstrate high ethical standards.
Catholic Charities of Yolo-Solano (hereinafter “CCYS”) provides supportive services to low-income individuals and families in the counties of Yolo and Solano. We are seeking an organized, self-motivated individual to serve as the DOJ…
Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted and required to fill out additional supplement forms.
This position does require a background check.
No Phone calls please.
Position is open until filled.