Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
The counselor will provide assessment, counseling, advocacy, and referral services to child witnesses of gender-based violence and survivors of teen dating violence. They will work with the clinical team to provide holistic, trauma-informed, and survivor-centered clinical services. They will utilize a trauma-informed approach to promote clients' rights and provide services in a manner that emphasizes safety, respect, and dignity. They will provide strength-based guidance and work to resolve the impact of gender-based violence in their young lives. They will also provide information and outreach to the community. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for social justice and work collaboratively with the clinical team. Counselor will be working from NYC Family Justice Center, Bronx, NY.
· Complete clinical assessments and treatment plans for children and teens referred for counseling;
· Provide mental health services for children and teens (from 0-21 years old) including short term individual counseling and crisis intervention with individuals and their families;
· Collaborate with staff at other Sanctuary for Families sites and Bronx Family Justice Center Partner agencies to provide holistic services;
· Advocate for and assist families/individuals in the negotiation of service delivery system to ensure receipt of appropriate clinical and related services;
· Demonstrate competence in evidence-based modalities such as CPP (Child Parent Psychotherapy) and TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy);
· Develop effective relationships with children and families;
· Liaise effectively with other professionals in and out of the Bronx Family Justice Center and DA's office in order to meet the needs of the clients;
· Facilitate appropriate clinical groups for clients, including, but not limited to, parenting skills groups;
· Participate in team and agency meetings, individual supervisory meetings, case conferences and other meetings as requested;
· Complete all appropriate paperwork, including case notes and reports, in a timely manner;
· Assist with children's room coverage to support team in providing services to families seeking services;
· Conduct outreach and training related to gender based and domestic violence;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor;
· Provide support and supervision to MSW interns as needed.
Budgeted Salary: $60,000/yr - $62,000/yr
Work position is currently Hybrid; must be able to meet job location schedule obligation
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of 1st dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children…