The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for managing APIA Scholars external communications, collateral materials, website, social media, event planning, and assist with some aspects of fundraising. This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
External Communications & Community Relations
· Leads strategy, vision, direction, and reporting for the Marketing and Communications department. Liaises with Strategic Leadership Team (SLT).
· Develop and execute APIA Scholars communications plan to donors, general public, community partners, and other constituents.
· Build relationships with strategic partners in the APIA and higher education communities.
· Develop, update, and maintain APIA Scholars collateral materials in coordination with vendors, APIA Scholars staff, and students.
· Maintain timely updates of website, coordinating across the organization with web and IT vendors.
· Lead effort to improve website’s utility and design for all stakeholders, including scholars, donors, board, and general public.
· Develop and implement effective media strategies to communicate APIA Scholars mission and news to audiences at regional and national levels.
· Draft media materials including but not limited to press releases, newsletter, email to partners, draft speaking remarks, and pitch new stories to media outlets.
· Manage new and existing media relationships.
· Coordinate press events, roundtables, and meetings.
· Coordinate with external audiences (donors, partner organizations) on APIA Scholars participation in events and campaigns. Some travel may be required.
· Work closely with scholarship team on outreach to prospective student applicants, parents, schools, counselors, etc.
· Serve as lead planner on APIA Scholars community events, held in cities around the U.S.
· Plan customized donor events, such as receptions with scholars and donors.
· Organize presentation materials for board meetings three times per year.
· Serve as lead staff person to plan the annual event(s). Liaise with event planning consultants; manage event committee agenda, calls, minutes, reports; manage invitation and journal, including drafting, pagination and ads; prepare event news release; create media outreach plan; contract and liaise with various vendors (i.e. graphic designer, printer, etc).
Liaison to Development Department
· Work closely with Senior Director of Operations on account management to reconcile funding, track accounts, and submit reports.
The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for managing APIA Scholars external communications, collateral materials, website, social media, event planning, and assist with some aspects of fundraising. This…