The Ethiopian Community in Seattle (ECS) is a 501 (c)(3) that serves families from Ethiopia and East Africa. ECS was established in 1983 by a group of
immigrants who volunteered their time, expertise and financial resources to
assist fellow immigrants to establish their livelihoods in Greater Seattle.
Currently, ECS provides social services as well as long term programs on
health, education and housing that empower the community to thrive and
seamlessly integrate into the American life.
SMALL BUSINESS RESILIENCY PROGRAM (30%)
- Provide business assistance services to small business owners based on needs.
- Provide on-going information, content and materials on how to start and manage businesses and find relevant resources ·
- Facilitate discussion with business owners to guide program design and implementation.
- Prepare regular reports to donors
OUTREACH & REPRESENTATION (20%)
- Facilitate discussion with community members to share programs and secure feedback ·
- Share timely information with community members per the outreach strategy of ECS ·
- Represent ECS in meetings with stakeholders such as community members, funders and community-based organizations
PROGRAM MONITORING AND EVALUATION (10%)
- Regularly monitor program indicators to measure progress
- Track the status and deliverables for active grants to ensure that deliverables are met on time.·
- Track progress against project plans. Identify and address challenges in time.
EVENT COORDINATION (30%)
- Organize community events to celebrate Ethiopian cultural holidays·
- Organize and facilitate discussions on social issues important to the community
INTERNAL OPERATIONS (10%)
- Coordinate with operations staff to ensure smooth implementation of policies and procedures.·
- Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure expenditures are within budget and incurred per timeline·
- Participate in staff meetings.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS ·
- At least 3 years of experience as a program manager or at least five years as a program assistant or similar role. ·
- Demonstrated experience in program planning, implementation, evaluation, and reporting. ·
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders. ·
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software·
- Deep understanding of social equity and experience working with multicultural communities.
- Proficiency in Amharic
- Familiarity with South King County communities and resources