Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patients regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organization now has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa Monica Mountains through the South Bay. We have 17 locations plus two mobile clinics and an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness. Read more about us at venicefamilyclinic.org.
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Development and Communications Officer will provide administrative and project support to Venice Family Clinic’s Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO) and will serve as a key contact for internal and external constituents regarding Venice Family Clinic's fundraising and communications efforts.
The Executive Assistant will expedite the flow of work through the CDCO’s office by prioritizing correspondence, scheduling and managing calendar(s), coordinating meetings, assisting with visiting guests, and facilitating communications between the CDCO and direct reports, Board members and donors.
Candidate must be mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The Executive Assistant must be a master of organization and able to juggle many tasks at once. They must be discreet and able to work with highly confidential information. Excellent writing skills needed for conducting research and providing summaries for the CDCO. Duties require a self-starter with strong attention to detail.
The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Chief Development and Communications Officer and will work closely with members of Venice Family Clinic’s development, communication and management teams.
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CDCO including managing an active calendar of appointments, preparing correspondence, responding to inquiries, calls and emails, screening and prioritizing communications and opportunities from external and internal sources.
· Maintain and manage CDCO’s calendar to ensure coordination of meetings and work flow with internal and external constituents; schedule meetings with current and prospective donors and partners, conduct meeting follow up around pledges, information provision and execution of deliverables.
· Organize meetings/conference calls including reserving facilities, developing agendas, communicating with attendees, tracking RSVPs; coordinate supplies, set up, A/V and associated needs with development and operations teams.
· Maintain Salesforce database record updates for tours, meetings, conference calls, stewardship and other related actions.
· Conduct donor research, prepare donor profiles and materials for meetings and outreach.
· Calendar and track division human resources deadlines and deliverables, process monthly expenses, check requests and supply orders.
· Provides reception relief and front desk coverage as assigned.
· Respond to Board member and donor requests; refer to appropriate staff members and assure timely response through follow-up and tracking systems, ensuring that their importance to VFC is emphasized with each contact.
· Support CDCO in managing the Foundation Board of Trustees including nominating, onboarding and engaging new members, tracking meetings, committee participation and skills grid, sending notifications and materials related to the Foundation Board, and supporting bylaw review and updates.
· Coordinate Resource Development Committee meetings including scheduling, agendas, materials, attendee outreach and minutes; participate in execution of follow up including research, data collection, communication and other as needed.
· Proactively schedule visits with special guests and engage Board, committee members and other volunteer leadership in attending these visits.
· Create presentations and reports for board and committee meetings and other division needs as assigned.
· Support Executive Assistant to CEO in preparing for board meetings and communicating with Board, Foundation Board, and Advisory Board members as needed.
· Provide administrative assistance as needed for special events including Venice Art Walk & Auctions including but not limited to RSVPs, correspondence, logistics support, etc.
· Exercise independent judgement in supporting various special projects and research that advance the work of the development department and strategic efforts of Venice Family Clinic.
· Perform other duties as assigned to ensure successful execution of development, communications programs and management of board members and senior volunteers.
· This is an evolving position. Other permanent duties may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Minimum of 5 years of administrative and development experience. Required
Skill in determining matters of importance and information of use to the executive, and exercising initiative in accomplishing or referring tasks. Required
Ability to establish productive working relationships with all levels of organization staff, funders, board members and volunteers; ability to work independently and as part of a team. Required
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment and proficiency in prioritizing assignments to complete projects in a timely and thorough manner. Required
Ability to handle details in a thorough and timely manner. Required
Ability to work independently, takes initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion. Required
Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings. Required
Demonstrates an exceptional customer service attitude, confidentiality, courtesy, diplomacy and absolute discretion with regard to confidential donor information and communications. Required
Ability to work evenings and weekends. Preferred
California driver’s license, car, and proof of auto insurance. Required
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; knowledge of or aptitude for learning new programs including Salesforce. Required
BA degree required; interest in development and topics related to advancing health equity. Preferred
Required to frequently sit in upright position at a desk for office work. Required
May be required to stand for long periods of time and move rapidly in a fast paced office environment. Required
Employee may occasionally be required to drive to attend outside meetings, make bank deposits and attend trainings. Required
Able to climb stairs. Required
Employee will be required to use telephone system and office equipment regularly (computer, 10-key calculator, fax, copier, scanner). Required
Employee will be required to use repetitive hand and finger motion to type using a variety of computer applications, internet and other office equipment. Required
Employee is required to sit, talk and pay close attention to detail in a busy office environment. Required
The employee will occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Required
Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting…
As an affiliate of UCLA, Venice Family Clinic offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter online at the UCLA Employment Site: https://www.uclahealthcareers.org/job/16329644/executive-assistant-to-chief-development-and-communications-officer-los-angeles-ca/
As an affiliate of UCLA, Venice Family Clinic offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter online at the UCLA…