Major responsibility is to serve as a resource within the Club, providing a variety of short-term social services and referrals to members and their families.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocate for services, short-term goal oriented individual and family ongoing support, crisis intervention, conflict resolution and mediation.
- Organize and lead short-term psycho-educational small groups for members addressing issues/topics including, but not limited to, substance use/abuse, sexuality, self-esteem, peer leadership, and general health and fitness.
- Work with clubhouse staff to develop prevention and intervention strategies targeting -at-risk'' members and their families. Be available for coordinating/delivering training programs/workshops for staff.
- Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Coordinate program partners and consultants who can offer specialized instruction, support and guidance to members and staff. Develop a social service resource network outside within the neighborhood/community.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the department as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate using the Club's behavior management policy.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality.
- Case management of members including documentation and record keeping of information.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision sessions (including clinical supervision); participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Supervises assigned interns.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the Executive Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands)
- Master's of Social Work (MSW) and Massachusetts'' LCSW required.
- Three years pre- or post- Masters experience working with youth and families.
- Knowledge of social service issues, trends, and resources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid Massachusetts'' driver's license required.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **