• CCF is a mandatory vaccination employer.
• Applicants must reside in the LA County; FT - Exempt
• Temporarily hybrid, due to COVID-19 restrictions. The position will eventually require to work fully in-office.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation and ongoing improvement of the California Community Foundation’s (CCF) information technology services, supporting the strategic success of CCF and providing planning & oversight for all technology initiatives. The position supervises and monitors the daily operations of CCF’s systems and infrastructure, planning for growth while managing risk. This role develops and manages IT policies and procedures and is responsible for the training, compliance and education of staff on related issues. The director coordinates closely with multiple teams across the Foundation. Individual will be considered the subject matter expert in all things information technology and must serve as a strategic partner. Supervises staff in the IT Department.
- Information Technology Strategy: Lead CCF’s efforts to create a vision and documented policies for technology. Advise CCF’s leadership on technology matters and strategies. Lead and work collaboratively across all areas of the foundation to identify opportunities for the use of IT to improve staff effectiveness and productivity. Delivers reports and presentations on technology enhancements and planning for the board of directors or board committees as required.
- Information Technology Planning and Management: Deliver cost-effective and right-sized infrastructure solutions in support of foundation objectives and strategic direction in accordance with established technology standards and industry best practices. Engage in continuous evaluation and improvement of processes and workflow that use technology to increase CCF’s efficiency and effectiveness and promote user satisfaction. Responsibilities includes:
- Design, develop, implement, optimize, maintain, and support technology initiatives, network infrastructure, server infrastructure, network storage solutions, data communications and telecommunications systems. Create documented processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of systems.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Consult end users and stakeholders across the organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of all of foundation enterprise applications and databases including but not limited to Blackbaud's Financial Edge, Raiser's Edge and NetCommunity, Fusion Lab’s GrantedGE, and others. Maintain existing programs, seeing that necessary updates are made.
- Oversee the planning, procurement, implementation and maintenance of foundation technology infrastructure and systems, including phones, audio and videoconferencing and network connectivity.
- Manage the preparation of proposals and justifications and in the selection, procurement, and implementation of IT solutions. Manage third-party resources to provide delivery and/or maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of hardware.
- Security & Risk Management: Establish and monitor internal system controls and security procedures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the organization’s information systems. Stay up to date on security risks and ensure corporate security. Mitigates security vulnerabilities and facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Training: Lead technical competency and skills training to ensure technical proficiency of foundation staff, facilitating user and group level buy-in and cultivating two-way accountability for knowledge and use. Creates and refines training materials and identifies need for and leads larger training sessions when necessary.
- Integration & Mission Alignment: Serves as a cross departmental thought partner that integrates with MarCom, HR, Business Development, Programs, etc. to advance CCF goals, researching & driving forward key business and internal & external customer facing IT improvements. Identifies and pursues IT opportunities for internal integration of work across functions and departments to make connections and leverage the strengths and efforts of CCF.
- Department Management: Cultivates and supervises a high-performing staff. Shares responsibilities and complements strengths of colleagues to create a flexible and fluid team to address technology needs and challenges foundation wide. Evaluates staff and department performance. Plans for professional development of staff. Develop, manage, and track the IT department's annual budget. Creates timelines for projects and manages workflow. Prioritizes short- and long-term objectives. Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
- Experience: At least eight years as a manager or leader responsible for the overall development and design of the technology function, working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects at mid-to large-size companies, with nonprofit or foundation experience a plus. Significant previous supervisory responsibilities in hiring and developing diverse, effective teams.
- Certifications: Advanced certifications preferred.
- Communication: Exceptional client management skills required, including a keen understanding of and track record of building successful client relationships with diverse and varied stakeholders, including foundation leadership, department heads, and project leads. Ability to advise and partner with leadership regarding technology related to the foundation’s growth, strategic direction and needs, with an eye to advocating for technology solutions and building consensus between the department and staff and external user constituencies. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Project Management Skills: Experience working with internal clients and overseeing the technology team to manage multiple projects, creating realistic project budgets, timelines and deliverables, prioritizing work, maintaining project schedules, troubleshooting client issues and adjusting to multiple and often competing demands in a fast-paced environment. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required. Ability to implement strategy and deliver results.
- Problem Solving Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving.
- Technical: Extensive, varied and successful experience in the conceptualization, design, development, acquisition, deployment, support and operation of essential IT systems, hardware and software. Experience should include familiarity and understanding of virtual desktop infrastructure and environments, and the implementation and management of SQL or other relational database management systems, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and NetCommunity, and Fusion Lab’s GrantedGE. Understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases and storage systems; Understanding of cloud computing (Azure or AWS); Backups and recovery; Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- This position is required to be available via telephone at all times for work-related emergencies by other foundation staff, building staff or emergency personnel within the Pacific time zone.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Disclaimer: This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job classification. This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.