Generation is a global employment organization with a mission to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. Our mission is to transform education to employment systems by preparing, placing, and supporting people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. We accomplish this through 3-12 week bootcamps that provide learners with the technical skills, behavioral skills, and mindsets needed to thrive in a given profession. Generation’s methodology can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. We have graduated more than 50.000 people.
Today, Generation is active in 16 countries with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.
¿More about Generation? Visit www.generation.org
Generation is seeking a Program & Instruction Manager to drive the design, launch and growth of a new program in Colombia that will recruit, train and place youth in life-changing careers in Tech. The Program & Instruction Manager will oversee the entire delivery process and operations from program design, delivery partner selection, learner mobilization & recruitment, instruction, mentorship to placement. The Manager will work closely in coordination with the Generation regional & functions teams, as well as with the country Business Development Manager, and will build strong relationships with our external partners who help us deliver the program (e.g. youth organizations, training partners). We plan this role to report to the Growth Director for Latin America.
This is a full time, 12 month role based in Bogotá, Colombia. You would be working from home for the near future and should have a quiet, private workspace with the ability to connect to reliable internet. We are not able to sponsor relocation or work visas.
Program Development & Management:
- Program Design: Contribute to the end to end design and subsequent iterations thereof of a Tech training program, with the objective of making it impactful and scalable.
- Planning and Project Management: Create and lead clear program launch work plans, considering activities, responsibilities, and key milestones. Engage internal and external stakeholders in implementing such plans. Lead problem solving for plan execution. Ensure that all stakeholders are fully prepared for their role supporting program launch and ongoing operations.
- Instruction & Learning: Collaborate with the Curriculum & Instruction Team in the design and subsequent iterations thereof, ensuring content and activities are relevant and appropriate to the context. Develop a country-specific strategy for instructor recruiting, training and development, customizing global tools and guidance as needed to achieve program goals. Lead the identification and onboarding of training service providers that will deliver Generation programs and supply instructors as needed.
- Recruitment and Selection of Participants: Design and manage the mobilization, recruitment and selection process for young people applying to the program to ensure that we meet the target number of high-quality participants. Deeply understand the target role and the industry to effectively recruit and select participants. Market and advertise our programs to young people in our target groups to generate applications to our programs (e.g. info sessions, digital marketing campaigns, alumni referral process, rec’t partners). Provide ongoing assistance to candidates, monitor results, and propose actions throughout the enrollment process to ensure turnout on Day 1 of the program.
- Mentorship and Student Support: Manage performance and professional development of the program’s mentors, who provide critical support to help participants navigate challenges during their training and job placement process. Evaluate additional social supports needed for participants and implement them.
- Participant Job Placement: Communicate closely with partner employers and learners to ensure each graduate is placed in high-quality opportunities. Plan events and other activities with employers to highlight student profiles.
- Alumni Support: Support the creation and cultivation of an active, engaged Generation alumni network that gives back to the Generation community and supports our mission.
- Impact: Ensure Key program objectives of scale, quality and sustainability are met at all times.
- Operations: Ensure programme delivery/operations is aligned with the Generation methodology and standard operating procedures across the recruitment, training, transition to employment and ROI collection phases of the methodology. Manage the day-to-day logistical operations of the program.
- Instruction & Learning: Identify session design and classroom delivery opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned, communicating that information to the Curriculum & Instruction Team. Collaborate to resolve programmatic improvement opportunities that impact curriculum design, instruction, and program operations.
- Communications: Serve as the main point of contact for students and partners that work with us to run the program. Lead all social media and direct communication efforts.
- Data Analysis: Conduct regular evaluations with program participants, employers and other delivery partners; act on feedback to ensure we are improving the quality of our processes and programs wherever possible. Work with delivery partners and participants to collect learner data on time and completely, ensuring we have an accurate record of participants’ progress into the workforce.
- Finance: Build and track program budgets and highlight any expected variances in spending from planned.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in any field with a solid academic record. Master´s degree preferable
- Fluent Spanish, advanced written and spoken English
- 7+ years of proven experience designing, implementing and leading programs, preferably in the education sector and/or working with educational institutions. Ideally, the candidate has 2+ years of experience in programs that offer educational and placement opportunities, especially for vulnerable youth
- We are especially excited to see candidates with experience launching a program or scaling up an existing one, including creating and adapting processes necessary to run the program.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, and proactive mindset.
- You thrive in the fast-paced, flexible environment of a start-up because it gives you a chance to learn and lead.
- You set clear, meaningful goals and create a plan to meet & track them. You take ownership of targets, are positive in the face of challenges and dig in to understand the root cause and think creatively to design solutions.
- You have a record of managing projects to meet big goals, have strong problem solving skills and a sound personal organizational system to track your work.
- You are hands-on and flexible in the face of changes and you analyze and adapt to new information to shift course as needed. You speak up and raise issues, analyze data, and learn from failure.
- You have the mature presence, communication skills, and empathy needed to build a relationship with different types of stakeholders (learners, to delivery partners, funders and Generation leadership)
- Most importantly, you are passionate about providing educational opportunities that empower others to enter a life-changing professional career. You believe in the potential of the participants in our program and keep their needs front and center in everything you do.
Why join us:
- Join a global (16 countries), impactful (+50.000 graduates) & innovative (2018 WISE Awards winner) organization that is passionate about tackling unemployment and that is backed by top partners worldwide (e.g. McKinsey & Company, BlackRock, Microsoft, Verizon, Amazon, Google, among others).
- Work on an exciting new program in Colombia in a startup like environment and be a part of the driving force to shape our impact.
- Work in a well-supported, international team setting with other Generation teams in LatAm (Regional, Brazil, Mexico, Chile), in other countries (US, Spain, Kenya, Hong Kong, Singapore, Italy, India, UK, France, Pakistan, Australia, and rapidly expanding) and with our global centers of excellence.
- 93% of our graduates had no income before Generation. 85% find employment within 90 upon graduation. We work with +6.000 employer partners worldwide. 83% would hire Generation graduates again and 84% say our alumni outperform their peers.