What’s the job?
You are that special person who both understands and loves data but knows that its real value is in the stories it tells. You are committed to the integrity of the data and know that there are things to learn in the day-to-day tracking. You want to help the organization make data-driven decisions and you know for that to happen; you need to make the data accessible to those who don’t love data as much as you do. You are focused on quality improvement – both in the systems that are used and in response to what the data tells us. You can spot trends and are eager to work with the team to develop program recommendations and improve program impact. You can be trusted working directly with those the programs serve because you are an effective communicator, and you love to talk about and describe what the data tells about the programs. You ensure that the Double Up Food Bucks program gets the primary attention it needs, but you like the variety of supporting other programs and organization needs as well.
About Field & Fork Network:
Field & Fork Network is a fast-growing New York State food and farming non-profit organization that connects communities to innovative solutions that foster a sustainable food system. Our work focuses on four important areas: agriculture economic development, food access, youth development, and healthy neighborhoods. We are a leader in developing programs and projects that address barriers and challenges across the food system while focusing on the unique needs of every community we serve.
About Double Up Food Bucks NY:
Double Up Food Bucks NY (Double Up), Field & Fork Network’s signature food access program, is a healthy food incentive that doubles the buying power of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients, helping families bring home more fruits and vegetables while boosting local business. Double Up started in 7 Western NY farmers markets in 2014 and is now serving SNAP recipients across 30 New York counties at over 180+ program sites.
What am I going to do?
· Manage the databases that Field & Fork Network uses to track program outcomes and to keep itself organized (including Smartsheets)
· Keep an eye on the data such that issues are addressed quickly, improvement opportunities are identified, and information can be shared when it is needed.
· Develop a strong relationship with external evaluation teams so that you can be responsive to needs as well as initiate ideas and suggestions.
· Submit reports for federal and state grants and internal dashboards and do so accurately and on time.
· Help Field & Fork Network secure grants by supporting applications with relevant data sets.
· Initiate and lead efforts to streamline and improve internal data collection processes.
· Stay up to date on best practices and new opportunities for Field & Fork Network in the management of its data and information.
· Represent Field & Fork Network with people served, partners, collaborators, and professional organizations to effectively communicate outcomes and learnings from the data we collect and analyze, even to those uncomfortable with data.
The Skill Set:
· BS or BA degree required in an area such as data science, computer science, applied mathematics or statistics, or management information systems (MIS).
· 3 – 5 years of relevant experience with direct responsibilities for maintenance of data systems.
· Exhibits the following competencies:
o Adaptability: anticipates and recognizes changes in technology and work requirements and is adept at adapting to those changes; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
o Dependability: strong organizational and time management skills enables achievement of goals on time. Responsive to manager and team. Commits to focusing on and completing work when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
o Teamwork: balances team and individual work; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; exhibits objectivity and openness to other people’s views.
o Creative Problem Solving: uses rigorous logic and methods as well as innovative approaches to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious; uses resources effectively and efficiently. Involves others as appropriate.
o Communicator: translates difficult or new concepts for others to make data and information accessible; can tell the story behind the data; enables problem solving by helping others to understand what the data is saying.
· Certifications in information technologies.
· Experience in food systems, nonprofits, and/or food justice issues.
· Current expertise in Smartsheets.
What we offer:
· We strive to live and advance Field & Fork Network’s Core Values of:
o Equity Minded – We honor unique identities and perspectives with dignity
o Forward Thinking – We turn ideas into long-lasting solutions
o Collaborative – We incorporate diverse voices and ideas
· Our work model is hybrid, combining remote and on-site work. This allows us to get things done when and where we are most productive while staying connected to the team and the communities we serve.
· Limited travel with a home-base in New York State.
What’s the job?
You are that special person who both understands and loves data but knows that its real value is in the stories it tells. You are committed to the integrity of the data and know that there are things to learn in the day-to-day…
Please send a resume and cover letter to Angela Janiszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should indicate the position in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Angela Janiszewski at email@example.com. Applicants should indicate the position in the subject line of the…