The Quality Assurance Specialist will provide consistent preventive services program monitoring to ensure compliance with the Administration for Children’s Services contract obligations including statistical reports and data collection. Under the direction of the FSS Vice President, the Quality Assurance Specialist renders professional intervention to Mobility Mentoring families as a member of the management team with the purpose of offering QA/QI support to program directors and overall administration. The Quality Assurance Specialist will engage with program staff to provide quality and comprehensive data accumulation and analysis leading to improved economic mobility and family strengthening outcomes. The Quality Assurance Specialist will collaborate with program staff as they assess participants using EMPATH’s bridge to Self Sufficiency and facilitate comprehensive data analysis and understanding to support staff in supporting participants in achieving economic mobility and collaborate with neighborhood partners. Under the supervision of the FSS Vice President, the Quality Assurance Specialist will facilitate effective delivery of services in foster care prevention by communicating with all levels of staff and relevant organizations as determined by the FSS VP.
* Monitors foster care prevention services/State Central Registry [SCR] calls by developing and implementing a systematic, on-going process of quality assurance in conjunction with senior level staff/FSS VP.
* Promotes improved program quality by respectfully reinforcing the need for staff to adhere to appropriate service protocols and all related regulatory requirements; encouraging staff to utilize computer technology; collaborating with the supervisors and directors to ensure that staff in the MM preventive progress located in Jamaica comply to the specific mandates of the 4 major Program Accountability Measurement System’s [PAMS] indicators; reviewing relevant Agency Assistance Program’s [APA] documents; providing timely, constructive feedback; submitting mandated reports in a timely manner.
* Evaluates, recommends service plans that are consistent with contractual standards and the Collaborative Quality Improvement [CoQI] process employed by ACS. Supporting program supervisors and directors to work in accord with the programs’ CoQi Priority every FY.
* Measures program accomplishments, strengths, and weaknesses as they relate to foster care prevention.
* In collaboration with the senior managerial staff, designs and utilizes monitoring tools that assess and evaluate the programs’ best casework practices in accord with the PAMS & ACS’s scorecard indicators.
* Prepares for and participates in all audits/reviews.
* Serve as backup for administration.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
About Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens:
Since 1899, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been changing lives and building communities while serving our neighbors in need with mercy and compassion.
We currently sponsor more than 160 programs and services for children and youth, adults and seniors, persons with developmental disabilities, those who are mentally ill, and the isolated. In addition, we are one of the largest faith-based providers of affordable housing in the country. Countless members of our community in Brooklyn and Queens have turned to Catholic Charities for assistance. For our full time and part-time employees, we offer a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, personal days, vacation, paid holidays and a 403(B) plan.
* Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field or BA Degree with 5 years’ experience including a minimum of 2 years administrative experience in a social service setting that caters to the needs of low-income families.
* Specialization in family services and relevant broad experiential knowledge of Child Welfare Programs including supervision, planning, operations, and evaluation.
* Expertise in computer applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and tools of data analysis.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and ability to engage in active listening).
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
* Ability to synthesize information and transfer it to practice.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Creative problem solver.
* Excellent computer skills and in computer applications.
* Ability to exercise initiative and “follow through”.
* Ability to train.
* Willingness to share suggestions/ideas.
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking, talking, and hearing.
* Occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.
* Ability to read computer screen for long periods of time.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and office equipment for extended periods of time.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
* Ability to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends and holiday coverage) as needed.
* Able to travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
* Ability to utilize public transportation, climb stairs, walk
Under our current policy you may be granted a reasonable accommodation for a disability considering various factors, including but not limited to the nature and cost of the accommodation, the outside funding, the Agency’s overall financial resources and organization, and the accommodation’s impact on the operation of the particular program including its impact on the ability of other employees to perform their duties and on the program’s ability to conduct business.
Please be advised that in order to appropriately consider your request for accommodation you must provide medical certification outlining the requirements of the accommodation in comparison to the duties outlined in this job description.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will provide consistent preventive services program monitoring to ensure compliance with the Administration for Children’s Services contract obligations including statistical reports and data…