Spring Street Climate Fund helps make New York a model state for climate policy, winning groundbreaking public policy in New York that can scale to other states and to the country as a whole. Since our founding in 2021, we have helped win key victories on climate policy in New York, including a ban on fossil fuels in new construction in New York City and a new law to electrify all of New York’s 50,000 school buses.
In our second year, we are raising a $1 million fund to strengthen New York’s grassroots climate movement and help win ambitious climate policy that matches the urgency of the moment. The Development Manager will be a key part of this effort, helping to manage Spring Street Climate Fund’s next generation of donor recruitment, engagement and programming.
- Donor Engagement: Work with the Managing Director to develop and implement a dynamic engagement program for Spring Street’s donors, including running creative events and ensuring ongoing communications to keep donors updated about our progress.
- Events Management: Plan and execute in-person and virtual donor recruitment and engagement events, including roundtable discussions, happy hours, campaign briefings and social events with donors and special guests. Work directly with donors on participatory recruitment events. Manage all logistical aspects of virtual and in-person events, including coordinating with vendors, identifying venues, communicating with hosts and attendees, etc.
- Administration: Manage the operations, administration and logistics of the individual donor program, including tracking donor data in Google Sheets and our online database (Kindful), sending donor gifts, corresponding with donors, issuing donation acknowledgement letters, and more. Support the managing director and president as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-6 years professional experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build meaningful relationships with donors, colleagues and partner organizations.
- Fun thinking creatively and strategically about donor engagement and relationships.
- Experience working on small, dynamic teams.
- Experience managing multiple tasks with an eye for detail, organization and project management.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- The ability to quickly learn systems, software and programs.
- Some experience using the software tools we have in place, or similar systems, including Google Sheets and Kindful.