Raven Theatre seeks an engaged, enthusiastic, and high organized individual to help in the reshaping of Raven’s development program. A perfect position for someone ready to implement ideas, learn in real time, and see the direct impact of their work.
Raven Theatre’s mission is to tell stories of today and the past that connect us to our cultural landscape. We do this by producing nationally recognized theatrical work, collaborating with top notch artists, and offering a first-class education program. Raven’s commitment to modern drama and its educational programming have helped it remain a cultural cornerstone on the north side of Chicago for 39 years and counting.
Raven Theatre operates out of its fully owned 10,000 square foot building which includes its 85 seat East Stage and its 57 seat Schwartz Stage as well as its administrative offices.
The Development Manager should possess the following qualifications.
• Excellent organizational skills with project management
◦ Prefer at least two (2) years of experience with a development function, non-profit work, or theatre company.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Support the daily activities of the theater’s development program involving corporations, foundations, and governments as well as individuals and special fundraising events – including the theatre’s annual gala
• Manage the theater’s grant proposal calendar, draft all grant proposals for finalization with the Managing Director and manage their timely submission
• Coordinate end-of-calendar year and end-of-fiscal year contribution campaigns
• Work closely with Managing Director to identify potential donors
• Maintain donor records, acknowledge donations, and in conjunction with the Managing Director, develop and implement data analytics to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the theater’s development efforts
• Coordinate certain materials for Raven Theatre Board meetings and sit on the Raven Theatre Fundraising committee
• Other relevant projects as assigned
Raven Theatre seeks an engaged, enthusiastic, and high organized individual to help in the reshaping of Raven’s development program. A perfect position for someone ready to implement ideas, learn in real time, and see the direct…
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two references. Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.