Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Our Research & Evaluation team supports all Bloomberg Philanthropies programs and initiatives by establishing impact frameworks, identifying measures of success, and coordinating organization-wide data collection, analysis, and reporting to monitor and ensure our effectiveness and efficiency.
We are adding a critical hire to our Research & Evaluation team to support our growing programs. In this role you’ll coordinate and verify data collection, conduct analysis to monitor progress, develop reports and, in collaboration with our Research & Evaluation lead, create deliverables to relay findings.
Additionally, you will collaborate with internal program staff and key stakeholders to support internal strategic learning and support the development of and reporting on frameworks, plans, and findings for institutional grants.
This role will be based New York City full time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the coordination, implementation, and conduct of research and evaluation projects, and the foundation of a research and evaluation framework under the supervision of the Head of Research & Evaluation
- Facilitate the development, planning, and implementation of systematic data collection, research, and evaluation to enhance understanding of impact
- Identify performance indicators and supporting program metrics, in partnership with teams, and ensure that systems are in place to support reporting and management
- Serve as the liaison to our program teams in the development of evaluation questions, plans, and tools, and the identification of appropriate consultants
- Compile and review data to assess progress across programs and to meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Translate research and data into easily accessible findings for non-technical audiences
- Design, plan, execute, and/or support sharing of best practices and learning engagements across teams, and conduct literature reviews to inform practices
- Assist with periodic organizational assessments to ensure effective internal processes
- Provide project coordination support to program and research staff as needed
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience working to advance program evaluation or performance management, including systems designed to track program outputs and outcomes ideally in an non-profit or academic environment
- Commitment, coupled with hands-on experiences, working in support of our programs and values
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to independently coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on quality, follow-through and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to lead diverse project teams of internal partners
- Strong analytical, writing, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to distill complex information into meaningful summaries
- Creative problem-solving skills; including an ability to grasp key issues and make recommendations for improvements
- Confidence to ask pertinent questions to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond specific tasks
- Tenacity with a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Strong excel skills and hands-on experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible, open, positive, and collaborative personality
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.